2.1 : vault

"Okay," Stiles begins, slamming down blueprints to the bank on the vet's table. "You see this? This is how they got in. It's a rooftop air conditioning vent. Leads down inside into the wall of the vault, which is here. Okay?"

He circles something on the map, bringing the marker back up to his mouth and biting the end of it afterwards. "Okay? One of the robbers was lowered into this shaft. Now, that space is so small, it took him about 12 hours to drill into that wall--which is stone, by the way- Then throughout the rest of the night, they siphoned the cash up to the guys back on the roof through that one little shaft in the wall. Boom."

"Can we fit in there?" I raise an eyebrow at Stiles.

"Yes we can, but very, very barely. And they obviously patched the wall so we'll . . need a drill of some kind. I'm thinking of maybe a diamond bit-"

"Look, forget the drill." Derek interrupts darkly, "If I go in first how much space do I have?"

Stiles gawks at Derek, his eyes squinted in disbelief. "What- What are you gonna do, Derek? What, you gonna punch through the wall or something?"

Derek crosses his arms and smiles at him, "Yes, Stiles, I'm going to punch through the wall."

"Okay, big guy, let's see that fist." Stiles taunts, "Big old fist. Make it, come on. Get it out there. Don't be scared, big, bad wolf."

Derek rolls his eyes and raises a single fist in front of him.

"Yeah, okay, you see this?" Stiles grabs Derek's wrist, holding his other hand up to it. "That's maybe 3 inches of room to gather enough force to punch through a solid-"

Derek shoots his fist forward, hitting Stiles' palm with unimaginable force. Stiles falters and yelps out as he leans on the table for support, holding his hand. He gets up and begins pacing, walking back towards the kitchen area. I sigh and go after him, standing next to him so he would heal faster.

"He can do it." Stiles huffs, wringing his hand out. Seconds pass of his seething "Ahh"s of pain, making me chuckle lightly. Unexpectedly, he slips his wounded hand into my own in a pancake hold. I turn and raise a single eyebrow in question.

"What?" He asks, "I-I just thought, maybe it'd speed up the healing process . ."

"I don't think that's how it works." I deadpan, confused by his actions. I merely brushed it off and allowed him to hold my hand anyways.

"I'll get through the wall," Derek nods at all of us, "Who's coming with me." His eyes drift across the room slowly until they land on Peter.

"Don't look at me," Peter scoffs, "I'm not up to fighting speed yet, and honestly, with Isaac out of commission, you're not looking at very good odds for yourself."

He was right. Isaac had bailed on the mission earlier this morning, claiming that he wanted no part of it this time, still shaken up from his memories of the nights before. It all worked out in his favor anyways, as Derek told him he couldn't go even if he wanted to. Over the summer, he still had trouble grounding himself on the full moon, but I had it down pact. Isaac told me to be careful, and with that, sent me on my way. I admit, it seemed bogus after our conversation last night, but I wasn't going to force him to do something he wasn't comfortable with.

"So I'm supposed to just let them die?"

"One of them is already dead." Peter remarks, making my blood boil.

"You'll be next if you don't shut the fuck up," I growl at him, taking a step forward, but Stiles yanks me back with his hand. I sigh and shut my eyes for a second, regaining myself.