2.4 : stake

"This is the . . Fourth, voice message I've left. I'm sorry for blowing up your phone today, I just can't stand you being mad at me. So . . Just- Just reply when you can. Please."

I hang up the phone and set it down next to my economics book, sighing heavily. My hands go to my hair, running through it once. My mind is blank as I stare down at the book, thinking about nothing and everything at the same time. How that was even possible, I didn't know.

Isaac still hadn't replied to any of my pleas. After the run-in at the high school, both Scott and Isaac left, and I stayed with Stiles, Lydia, and Deaton. He didn't so much look at me as he exited with Scott. It was stupid to me, that after so long, he would stop talking to me over something so petty and small. It didn't matter how stupid it was, though; I just needed him back.

"Carmen!" Piers calls up the stairs. I sniff and bury my head in my hands, keeping quiet. If it was important, he could come up here. I wasn't moving.

"Car!" He yells again. "Someone's here to see you!"

I groan and push away from my desk, wiping my face free of any tears before I jog down the stairs to meet whoever came to visit me. I stop in my tracks when my tired eyes fall on them, immediately glossing over again.

"Isaac."

"Can I come in?" He asks politely, his face neutral.

"Yeah," I gulp, glancing over to Piers for a second. "Yeah, come in."

He obliges, stuffing his hands in his pockets and taking a few steps inside. I shut the door behind him and nod for him to follow me upstairs.

"I have to go to work, don't do anything stupid." Piers half jokes, grabbing his keys from the counter and giving us a stern look. I sigh and grab Isaac's hand, practically dragging him up the stairs and into my room. I softly shut the door and turn back around to look at Isaac, who was sitting at the edge of my bed. I bite my lip and pocket my hands, waiting for him to speak first.

"I came to apologize," He starts, keeping strict eye contact with me. "I realize that I overreacted. I was angry, and I'm sorry."

"You could have at least texted me back, called me . ." I glare down at my feet, "Phone works two ways, you know."

"I was busy . ." He trails off. A bitter smile takes over my face at his words.

"Busy with Allison? Yeah, I know."

"It wasn't my fault they locked us in there-"

"Wait, what?" I seethe.

"Shit, Scott didn't tell you about that?" He murmurs. "The twins locked us in a closet together."

"Well, I'm sure you guys had a nice time bonding."

"I had a panic attack and almost killed her."

"Oh."

"So, are we okay now?" He asks hesitantly, standing up from his position on my bed.

I bite my lip and nod, biting back a smile as Isaac made his way over to me, enveloping me in his warm embrace. I hug him back and bury my face in his shoulder, breathing in his scent. It was only a day without him, and I felt as if I had lost my mind in those hours. I needed him, and he needed me.

"It's kind of late . . Are you going back to Derek's?" I ask, pulling away from him and running one of my hands through his perfectly curled, dirty blonde hair.

"Funny you bring that up," He sighs, "Derek kicked me out. He said it was too much to handle, with Cora back now."

"Do you need a place to stay?" I perk up.