0.6 : plan

I sat on the wooden basement stairs with Boyd, watching as Isaac got into a running stance at the beginning of the short training course. His smug expression switched into a bitter one as he took off running. He did a backflip over the first obstacle, hopped over the second. He jumped onto the metal beam to the left of him in an attempt to attack Derek from above, but Derek easily grabs him and smashes him to the ground, ruining the intense moment. Isaac groaned in pain and I winced, making split, awkward eye contact with him.

"Get up, let's go again."

4 more attempts of Isaac using the same method go by, and none of them had worked. Derek was getting irritated, I could see it in his eyes. Isaac was on the ground, grabbing at his side in pain. I sigh and hop of from the spot I was in to see if he was okay. Kneeling down next to him, I run a hand through his hair cutely and he plops his head in my lap, resting. I didn't know how this whole healing thing worked, so in this moment, all I could really do is be there for him. I wasn't complaining, though- Him sitting here with me made me feel warm inside, his cheek slightly nudging into my thigh as he tried to get comfortable in my hold.

Erica suddenly drops from the ceiling in an attempt to attack Derek, but is quickly shut down, receiving the same slam treatment as Isaac. She lands next to us with a thud, and Derek rolls his eyes as they both whimpered in pain.

"Does anyone wanna try not being completely predictable?"

Erica jumps up from her spot and into Derek's arms, attaching her lips to his. He pushes her off almost immediately, watching as she fell to the ground. He wipes his lip, "That's the last time you do that."

"Why, 'Cause I'm a beta?" She sasses. 

"No," Derek states firmly, "Because I have someone else in mind for you."

"Are we done?" Isaac almost pleads, lifting his head from my lap. "Cause I have about a hundred bones that need a few hours to heal."

Derek looks at him apologetically and kneels down to his level, signaling for Isaac to give him his arm. He complies, and a split second later, he regrets his decision. Derek snaps his arm backwards, breaking it.

"Isaac!" I scream out, dropping to his side again. Anger coursed through me as I looked up at Derek through my eyelashes. Who did he think he was?

"101. You think I'm teaching you how to fight? Huh? Look at me!" He yells in his face. Isaac flinches in fear, glancing up at his alpha. "I'm teaching you how to survive."

The helpless look on Isaac's face is too much for me to bear, and I snap, my instinct to protect him shining through. For the first time since being converted, I snapped. Claws extracted from my fingers, my ears grew like that of an elf, and my eyes turning an amber color. Derek noticed my transformation and smirked, getting up from Isaac.

"Looks like your haltija senses are kicking in." He circles around me, "Now that you've been converted, you want to protect the people you care about. I get it, I do; its in you guys' nature."

I cock my head at him, confused as to why he was telling me this.

"Shame you didn't have your powers before, huh?" He says cockily, "At least then your parents would have had a chance."

That was it. I scream at him and charge, but he swipes me to the side with ease. I grab his leg and swipe it from under, making him fall, the air getting knocked from his lungs. I sit on top of him, my legs on either side, and wrap my hands around his neck, my claws digging into his skin.

"NEVER TALK ABOUT MY PARENTS LIKE THAT!" I growl, my grip tightening tenfold. The reaction he gives me was certainly one I wasn't expecting.