6.7 : human

▲▼

▲▼

    "Start from the beginning." Deaton instructed, lifting her shirt slightly so that he could examine her wounds. 

Carmen nervously looked around at the pack in the vets office before she took a shaky breath and began to explain her time in hell.

"I saw my mom and dad." She chuckled sadly, hugging herself. "I knew it wasn't real, but it felt like it. Then, I saw when they died."

Scott frowned, crossing his arms over his chest, "I'm sorry Carmen, that couldn't have been easy."

She shrugs stiffly and continues, "Then I was with Isaac at Derek's station. It was exactly like the night of the full moon, and I thought it was the real Isaac, but it wasn't. Long story short, he killed me, and I somehow came back at Piers' and I's old house. Piers and I found out that we were actually the real versions of each other and then set out to find Isaac."

Carmen met Piers' gaze from across the room, pondering if she should say the next part of the story. Casey was to the left, forehead wrinkled from how intently he was listening to her. He looked so innocent, and she ultimately decided that she couldn't bring herself to tell them. Not yet.

"Then.. We found him at his old house. He was locked in the freezer with wolfsbane chains, which is why we couldn't break him out. These black demon-like things came and started attacking us, giving me my wounds. I kicked Piers down to earth and Isaac let go of me, forcing me to come back too."

"So you don't know if he's okay?" Derek inquired, concern lacing his voice at the thought of his former beta. Carmen shook her head coyly.

Deaton sighs loudly and looks over to Harrison, the two exchanging knowing looks. "It's not good." Is all Deaton says, grabbing a new role of bandage for her side and neck. He busies himself with wrapping it around her carefully.

"What's not good?" Casey's eyes widen in fear, "What do you mean?"

The room goes silent as neither Deaton or Harrison elaborate. Finally, Harrison sighs and decides to rip it off like a bandaid.

"Carmen's not healing-" He looked to all of them appointedly, "-And she won't. Not completely, at least."

"What are you trying to say?" Stiles asked.

"Simply put, when a supernatural goes into hell, they begin to exert energy more than usual. Unfortunately, they don't get that energy back. She's not healing, and she never completely will, because she's turning human."

The room explodes in a fit of chatter and disbelief, all of their faces going pale.

"What?!"

"Are you kidding me?"

"No way.."

"Carmen, did you know about this!?" Scott growled angrily, taking a step closer to her.