5.4 : sprout

Isaac couldn't move. It was impossible to. How do you react upon seeing something like that?

Everyone began to scatter, wondering what to do. It wasn't every day that your friend rose from the dead.

"ISAAC!" Derek screamed at him, finally knocking him out of his trance. "COME HERE, NOW!"

"W-what is this!?" Isaac shouts, running over and kneeling next to Carmen, whom was being supported upright by Derek's hand on the small of her back. Carmen was in too much pain to even split her eyes open, so it surprised everyone when she split her red coated lips to speak.

"H-Home," She gasped, obviously trying to keep her screams to a minimum. It didn't work, as another scream burst from the girl, followed by a bunch of coughs.

"Home," Kira muttered, glancing around at everyone. "She wants to go home?"

"You heard her, everyone go to her house now!" Derek ordered, already beginning to run towards the cars.

"Book!" Carmen gasped raspily, falling forward and latching onto Isaac's jacket so tightly he believed she would tear through the fabric. "Jen!"

Isaac looked down at the girl writhing around in his grip, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion and panic. "W-What are you trying to say?!"

Carmen clenched her teeth and groaned, now squirming even more. She eventually splits her eyes, but instead of her first glance being at Isaac, her eyes drift over to Casey and look to him pleadingly.

"JEN!" She screams out, her eyes threatening to close again.

"Fuck," Casey brought his hands to his scalp, tugging at his dark roots, "I know what she's talking about, I know what she wants! You all, get her to her house, me and Derek will meet you there."

▲▼

Carmen's screaming never ceased as they set her down on her couch once again, all looking around frantically in hopes that someone knew what to do.

"I don't mean to sound rude," Scott started with wide eyes, "But, Isaac, what the fuck!?"

"I-I don't know what's happening, okay?" Isaac insisted over her screaming, shaking his head fervently. "I just ran back and I saw her! If anyone knew what happened, it would be you guys!"

"Well-"

"FUCK!" Carmen shouts, writhing around violently on the cushions. Her previously flushed cheeks were now tear stained and burning red from the pain shooting through her body.

"I'm gonna try to take some of your pain, okay, Car?" Scott nods to her, placing a hand over her hand.

As his Scott begins to take her pain, his face scrunches in agony as the blackness seeps a mere inch into his body. He lets out a loud groan and retracts his hand after a short second, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"What the hell?" He mutters to himself, wringing his hand out painfully. Carmen cries out, rolling around so that she was face down on the couch. "Isaac, try it."

Isaac complied, rolling his sleeves up and kneeling next to her. He places a hand on her upper arm and immediately winces, stumbling back as soon as the black began to enter his body. It was impossible to take her pain for more than a second before the pain became too unbearable to the wolves, making them understand how much pain she was actually in.

Scott and Isaac lock eyes in confusion.

"What's causing her so much pain?" Scott asks, looking over to her, watching her perpetual fit.