1.9 : memory

Isaac paces around in front of the giant window in Derek's loft nervously, his hands clenching and unclenching every so often. His jaw feathered and his breathing was slower than normal as result of him trying to calm himself down. Derek and I were sat at the table in front of him- Derek reading a book, me merely watching my nervous boyfriend ramble.

"I'm starting to really not like this idea," Isaac grumbles, stopping all movement for a second then continues to pace around again. "It sounds kind of dangerous."

He spins on his heel and takes a moment to think about it. "You know what, I don't like this idea and I definitely don't like him."

"You'll be fine." I mutter, leaning my head on my left hand.

"Does it have to be him?" Isaac turns to Derek, walking our direction and stopping in between us at the table.

"He knows how to do it and I don't," Derek explains with a sigh, "It'd be more dangerous if I tried doing it myself."

Isaac nervously runs his hands up and down the spine of a book, trying to occupy himself in any way he could. "You know Scott doesn't trust him right? I mean personally, I'd trust Scott."

"Do you trust us?" Derek cocks an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah, I just-" He looks down at his hands, "Don't like him."

"Nobody likes him," I grumble and roll my eyes, picking casually at my fingernail.

The door to the loft slides open, revealing a cocky Peter. He shuts the door behind him and walks towards us. "Guys, yes, being dead has somewhat left my abilities impaired, but the hearing still works. So, I hope you feel comfortable to say whatever you're feeling to my face."

"We don't like you." I deadpan, getting up from my seat. Derek shuts his book and gets up along with me, leading us to the kitchen area. He drags a few chairs out from the dinner table and sets them up for us to all sit, Isaac in the front. "Now shut up and help us."

"Fair enough," Peter shrugs, getting his claws out.

Just wo nights before, Isaac went out somewhere, but he didn't remember where. He claims that all he remembered was being chased by the alphas with the woman driving, ensuing that he must have figured something out about the alphas beforehand. Why else would the alphas be coming for him if he didn't? So, Derek called Peter to perform something on Isaac that would allow him to recover his memories from that night.

Isaac sat in the chair in front of Derek and I, Peter behind Isaac.

"This won't hurt, will it?" Isaac questions, his leg bouncing nervously rapid.

"Relax, I'll get more out of it if you're calm."

"How do you know how to do this again?" Isaac questions again, clearly trying to stall. Peter plays nice and goes along with it.

"It's an ancient ritual used by alphas," He explains, examining his claws. "It's a skill that requires quite a bit of practice. One slip and you could paralyze them- Or kill them."

I go wide-eyed and tense at his words, my eyebrows dropping at his words. "What?!"

"You've have a lot of practice, though, right?" Isaac hesitates, gripping the edges of his seat so tightly that his knuckles turned pure white.

"Well, it never paralyzed me." Peter smirks down at him, dragging his nails across Isaac's neck.

"Wait does that mean that you-"

Peter finally skips the discussion and digs his claws into Isaac's neck, making him scream out in pain. My eyes flash yellow and I can't help but jump from my seat and attempt to run to him and help him. Derek grabs hold of me and forces me back down in my seat, holding me down. Isaac lets out choked noises, causing me to panic. What was going on? Peter's eyes turned their ice blue color and his head flew back intensely. All I could do was sit and watch with watering eyes and an open mouth.