Chapter 22 - More than this

Shakila's p.o.v

Calum had slowed his pace so the others couldn't hear the conversation. I was walking beside him, to his right, with Luke on his left.

"Listen Shakila I'm really sorry for the way i reacted over this. I shouldn't have yelled at you and I'm so sorry for pushing you. I was just so angry and upset and hurt that i just"

he let out a deep sigh.

" i shouldn't have taken it out on you. I guess i jumped to conclusions and i shouldn't have and i'm so sorry" he finished. He took my hand and squeezed it lightly.

I looked into his eyes that were now filled with guilt and regret. I smiled weakly at him and pecked his cheek.

"No Calum. Im sorry. I mean its my fault. If i hadn't acted the way i did and said the things that i said then none of this would've happened and i wouldn't have confused you both. Im sorry" I explained, looking at both Luke and Calum.

"Its not your fault Shakila. I told Calum everything.... About how i felt about you. But the truth is , Calum cares about you.....a lot and i think that you should just-" Luke began saying, I cut him off my shaking my head.

"Look. I don't want to start up this whole complication all over again. When i was talking to Charlotte and Ashton i came up with a solution" i started. Both boys looked at me questioningly.

"I just want to be friends with you both. It was wrong of me to ever have developed feelings towards either of you in the first place so, i think its just better if we stay friends. I'm not looking for a boyfriend and i'm pretty sure you guys don't need a girlfriend right now with all your touring and all ." I finished.

I looked at both boys and expected to see them nodding agreement. Instead i saw Luke with a guilty look on his face and Calum looking slightly annoyed and upset.

"Did i say something wrong?" I asked concerned. What have i done this time.

"Yes, look Shakila, Calum he-" Luke started, but Calum cut him off.

"NO" Calum yelled causing me to flinch slightly and Luke to look at him questioningly. "Uh...i mean...no you didn't say anything wrong" Calum said. It looked like he was forcing a smile, i let it go not thinking anything of it.

"Ooookkkaaayyy" i said awkwardly. I hugged both boys and then walked over to join Ashton,Charlotte and Michael who were now quite ahead of us.

~~~~~

Calum's p.o.v.

"Dude, what the hell i was trying to tell her how you felt" Luke said as we watched Shakila run over to join the others ahead of us.

"Forget it Luke" i said disappointed.

"What? Why? C'mon bro if she knew how you really felt about her then"

"SHE DOESNT LIKE ME. DID YOU NOT HEAR WHAT SHE JUST SAID? Friends....thats all she wants to be...just friends" i yelled before calming my tone.

She didn't feel the same way about me as i did about her. That actually really got to me.

She meant a lot to me and seeing her and Luke kiss only made me realise how much more she mean to me. But i guess i screwed up big time. Now she only wants to be friends.

I guess she'll never really know.

"Dude, you need to tell her. What about the necklace?" Luke asked, looking at me sympathetically.

*FLASHBACK TO YESTERDAY*

"Ash get up" i yelled shoving him to wake up.

He just groaned in response and rolled over in bed.

"Ugh, Luke i need you" i yelled across the room to Luke who was in the bathroom.

"Whats up?" He asked, peeking his head through the door.

"I..uh...need you to go somewhere with me" i stuttered out.

"Ok-ay" he replied, weirdly.

He got dressed and we caught a ride to a jewellery store i had noticed on our way over to our London house. They made personalised jewellery and i wanted to get something for Shakila.

"Jewellery store?" Luke asked raising an eyebrow.

"Y-yeah...well, see i kinda wanted to get something for..Shakila. You don't think its weird do you?" I asked, fidgeting in my spot.

"Uh....no....of course not" he replied, back looking guilty.

I looked at him questioningly, then nodded and walked into the store. I walked up to the lady on the counter and gave her an idea of what i wanted to get her. I wanted it to be something that symbolised our band, but was cute and simple.

I thought i would go for the more simple approach and saw a simple silver hear shaped necklace, that wasn't to big nor too small.

"Can i get that necklace please?" I asked, pointing to it.

"Would you like something engraved on it sir?" The woman on the counter asked me. I nodded, explained what i wanted and she managed to get it done successfully. It looked amazing and i couldn't wait to give it to Shakila.

*FLASHBACK OVER*

I was planning on giving it to her when i asked her to be my girlfriend. But now i know that will never happen.

I pulled the box out from my pocket and stopped to look at it. The front had our 5 tally logo on it, symbolising our band and on the back were both our names Shakila + Calum engraved.

I felt so stupid for getting this necklace. It's just going to be a reminder of how she will never be mine.

Because all we will ever be is just friends.

~~~~~~~~~

OMFGGG I. GAVE. MYSELF. FEELS.

SO MY COUSINS CAME OVER AND THEY DONT LIKE GLEE, SUPERNATURAL, THE VAMPIRE DIARIES...ALL TIME LOW....AND 5SOS 😐🔫

I NO LONGER CLASS THEM AS MY FAMILY 😏👏

WOOOO HAHA PARTAY....I DONT EVEN KNOW WHY LOL

DEDICATED TO HAZZALILOUNIALLZAYN < I HOPE THATS RIGHT COZ LIKE SHES GNA B MA NEW BESTIE SO THERE U GO HONEY BOOBY HAHAHAHA LOOOL BOOBY HEHEHE

TAKE CARE WASH UR HAIR, SHAKE UR BOOTY LIKE....A..PATOOTIE 😐😐 THATS ALL I COULD COME UP WITH HEHEHEHHE

OMFGG I WOULD DIE IF CALUM GAVE ME A NECKLACE...I THINK I WOULD SLAP HIM WITH HAPPINESS ✋ HEHHE

-Shakila😜