Chapter 33 - My fault?

We made it back to the house and i immediately rushed upstairs and into Calum's room, throwing my bag on the floor and slumping on the bed. I sighed loudly and stared up at the ceiling.

"What's up?" I groaned when i heard that familiar voice that now seems to annoy me after my interrupted chat with Ashton.

"Nothing." I replied flatly, keeping my haze on the ceiling.

"Wow...someones moody." He scoffed.

I rolled my eyes and sat up on the bed, facing the blonde haired boy standing in the doorway.

"Yeah actually i am." I snapped.

He furrowed his eyebrows before shrugging and walking out the door.

Oh no, he's not getting away that easily.

"Get back here." I yelled as i jumped off the bed and chased after Luke. I pulled him by his arm into the bedroom and shut the door behind him, locking it.

"What?" He asked, looking surprised.

I led him further away from the door, incase anybody could hear.

"What did you say to Ashton about me last night?" I asked, placing my hands on my hips.

"I didn-"

"Don't even think about lying Luke , i asked Ashton, okay, he refused to give me an honest answer so now i'm asking you." I explained as he let out a small laugh.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked, frustratedly.

"Because, you look funny when you get all angry." He said, smiling expressing his dimples.

I groaned loudly and pushed him out of my way before sitting back on the bed.

I avoided eye contact with him and started playing with my nails.

He walked over slowly and sat down beside me.

"Look." He mumbled as he placed a hand on my leg. I turned my head and looked the other way.

"Ashton asked me about you....and i just....talked to him." He said, rubbing light circles on my leg with his thumb.

"I know that, but what did you say?" I asked, turning to look into his eyes.

He stared back and gulped, before removing his hand from my leg and putting his head in his hands.

"Luke i thought......i thought that....we were just...friends." I said pronouncing each word slowly.

"I know." He whispered so quietly it was almost inaudible. His eyes flickered back up to meet mine and we just stayed like that for a few moments.

"Then.....?" I whispered.

"I don't know Shakila, i mean what, what am i supposed to do huh? I know you want to be 'just friends' and i know that Calum really likes you and i thought i could make this work i did, i really did, but-" he explained, his voice rising by each word he spoke and stood up of the bed.

"But what?" I asked, half yelling as i stood up off the bed.

"But how can i when your constantly doing things to make me like you." He finished, gesturing his arms in the air.

I huffed and took a step back, shooting him daggers.

"So this is my fault?" I yelled.

"Well yeah." He said simply as if i was an idiot.

"Are you insane? What the hell have i done to make you like me? I've hardly spent time with you, that's bullshit Luke." I said coldly getting really mad at him.