That's why she doesn't remember me.

Third Person's POV

Cara: Care to explain?

Janice took a deep breath and asked the waiter for a glass of water for both of them.

Janice: Before I tell you, I need you to hear me out first, the whole story. It had to be done. There was no other way.

Cara nodded and Janice took a sip of her water before starting.

Janice: First I would like to apologise to you for the lie that I have been telling you for two years. It was not personal and certainly was not meant to hurt you.

Cara smiled at Janice and nodded.

Janice: So it all started 2 years ago on Ken's birthday. When you visited her. Movie and the walk in the park.. when you left the next day Ken thought she could go back to her normal life like nothing happened. But obviously that's not how love stories are supposed to be. Tragedy has to be there.

Janice gave a dry laugh and Cara stared at her. Slowly thinking that it was because of her something happened to Kendall.

Janice: Failing to do something productive because her thoughts kept running back to you Ken decided to drive home. Alone. She got herself in a car accident. She got a huge blow behind her head and she was immediately taken to the hospital. After the surgery she wasn't conscious. They waited for her to wake up.

Cara started crying. The whole time Cara cursed Kendall for not stopping her. For not replying to her message for weeks.

Janice: After three days she did. She was normal at first but when Nick tried to talk about their childhood memory Ken was clueless about it. She said she didn't remember anything happening like that.

Cara's brows furrowed. Did Kendall loose her memory?

Janice: Ken was suffering from Post-traumatic amnesia. Ken knew who we were but she forgot all the memories with us. She knew who Karl and Ayra were but she couldn't recall any of the memories with them.

Cara's hands were on her mouth. She was crying relentlessly now.

Janice: But that's not about it. Kendall changed a lot. Her taste, preference, beliefs.. everything changed. She loves London! The accent, the people and the weather. The girl who didn't take a sip of alcohol in a public setting now gets sloshed every weekend.

Cara: Then how did she-

Janice: Mr. Jenner locked himself with her in a room and told her the truth. He told her about the accident and everything about the loss of memory. Kendall took it really well. She was very positive. She said 'So what? We can still make new memories'

Cara: You guys didn't try to tell her the stories?? You didn't tell her the memories she had?

Janice: That was not possible. Trying to feed her the pieces of her lost memory could hinder her life. We all introduced ourselves in just few words. Since then we never tried to remind her of any memory.

Cara: That's why she doesn't remember me.

Janice: Yes. As the weeks passed your messages kept coming and became more pressing. I am sure Ken wouldn't have wanted you to suffer like that. That's why upon Mr. Jenner's permission I took over Kendall's old number and replied to your messages as her. I apologize once again.

Janice wiped Cara's tear stained face and continued.

Janice: Once everything was out in the open Kendall started crawling back to her professional life. She learned everything again from Mr. Jenner and in 2 years she became just as she was, behind office doors.

Janice smiled proud. Proud of Kendall for fighting something everyone could only dream to.

Janice: But I have to tell you, Kendall 2.0 is much fun. The previous one didn't know who Candice and Behati were. The new one knows not only their last name but also that they are pregnant.

Janice gave a hearty laugh and Cara chuckled.

Cara: If Kendall doesn't remember our time spent together then why was she drooling on me during the meetings??

Janice: Can you blame her??

Cara blushed and lightly smacked Janice's hand.

Janice: No, but seriously. That girl worships you. She is your fan. She came across your image through some tweet and then stalked the hell out of you. She read everything ever written about you. Once she starts talking about you she doesn't stop. She is deeply in love with you. I can tell you by experience that she can stare at your face for more than 12 hours. She was afraid to talk to you because she didn't want you to think of her as a rich, brat fan who bought her way in to meet you. She is too sweet when she is talking about you.

Cara: After everything... she doesn't remember the best days of our life? I remember her saying that those days were her happiest and most memorable. She doesn't remember that...

Cara broke down and started crying.

Janice: As Ken said, 'There's always time to make new memories.'

Janice smiled and squeezed Cara's hand in assurance.

Janice: By the way, You can't talk to her like she is the Kendall you know. You have to act like you don't know her and you are meeting her for the first time.

Cara: Y-Yes.

Janice gave Cara a full smile.

Janice: Now shall we get something to eat?

~

A/N

The cat is out of the bag??

Maybe...

Maybe not...