Cheese toast and Spicy beans?

Cara's POV

Again I woke up with sunlight seeping through my windows. Seriously, the person who pitched the idea to have windows in rooms should be thrown in the river to die. I groggily push myself up and see that Kendall is already gone. Obviously, classic Kendall. Always waking up early and completing her responsibilities.

I slowly stood up and walked outside the room in search of Kendall. Baby steps are long forgotten, I can easily walk. No pain and no pressure. I am just wobbling because of the plaster cast. I make my way to the kitchen following the tunes of 'Can't feel my face' I reach the kitchen and stand against the door frame admiring her.

She has changed into a white crop top and is wearing black Nike leggings. Her hair is in a messy bun and she is squinting at her laptop which by the way is the source of the song. She nodded her head and turned to find me staring at her. Her eyebrows immediately fur
rowed.

Kendall: ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

She stormed towards me and made me sit in a chair.

Kendall: ARE YOU OUT OF YOU GOD FUCKING MIND?? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!

She was about to say something else but then she stopped. She closed her eyes and clenched her jaw tight. She bit her lip and opened her eyes again.

Kendall: You need anything?

I was way too scared to say something. I just shook my head lightly.

Cara: I.. I came to see you.

Her eyes went wide and her eyebrows shot up. She ran a hand through her hair and made her way behind the counter to switch off the song. She came back to me and licked her lips.

Kendall: Next time you want to see me. You call me. Okay?

I nodded and she went behind the counter to continue making breakfast.

Cara: You are cooking?

Kendall: Alex had to bail.

She blankly said. What the fuck! Atleast talk to me. I didn't do a big crime.

Cara: Kendall, I didn't do such a big thing. Atleast talk to me...

I said now a little angry at her behaviour.

Kendall: TALK TO YOU!? Talk to you? Why? Am I not talking to you? See. We are talking..

Cara: I don't mean it like this.. Come on, It's not a big deal.

Kendall: Not a big deal? Climbing down 12 stairs with a plaster cast on your left leg and right arm is A BIG DEAL!!

She came to me and kneeled down taking my hands in hers.

Kendall: You falling down from that staircase is a big deal for me, Cara. In case I haven't made it clear I care a lot about you Cara. Everytime you got a little scratch or you pulled a stupid stunt my heart stopped. I blame myself for not taking care of you and we hadn't even met at that time. I was a fan infatuated by your personality. You have no idea how I felt when I saw you lying on the hospital bed. It physical hurt me. The wounds were on you but it ained me. Now, now that I have the chance to take care of you when you are hurt. It's one of the best feelings. To see that you are not alone. Cara, if you had fallen from the stairs while climbing down....

She closed her eyes and shook her head as if trying to erase the image.

Kendall: I would have never forgiven myself. Cara, I am a weak person. My weakness is the people I care about. And I care about you Cara. I care deeply about you. Please. Please never do something like that again. I beg you, please.

She said with her eyes closed. I tear escaped her eye and she quickly wiped it off. What she said struck me hard. I never thought I could be loved like this. She doesn't care if I care about her or not. She cares for me, unconditionally. She doesn't expect me to do anything in return.

Cara: I promise you Kendall I will not pull this kind of stunt again. I am sorry.

Kendall: It's okay.

She smiled big and stood up switching on the song again. She stared at the screen again before continuing beating something.

Cara: What are you making? Pancakes?

Kendall: Nope. Actually I tried making baked beans and cheese toast. I can't make you bacon and eggs.. I am sorry.

Cara: No no.. its perfectly fine. So are they done??

Kendall: Almost.

After five minutes she arranged the table with two bowls of baked beans, a pair of cheese toast for each and two cups of coffee. She helped me to the table and we sat down to eat.

She picked the cheese toast and I took a spoonful of baked beans.

And let me say that was my biggest mistake. It's awful! Oh my God did I just eat a red chilli or something?? I saw Kendall staring at me expectantly.

Kendall: How is it?

AWFUL!

Cara: Amazing! So amazing that I am not going to let you eat it at all. It's mine. You eat cheese toast.

I took her bowl and gave her my plate of cheese toast.

Kendall: Atleast let me try?

Cara: NO! No. I am not going to let you eat it. Make yourself some more if you want to.

She gave me a look but continued eating. I also tried to. Maybe if I chug it with the coffee??

Cara: You know it really doesn't hurt anymore... can we get this off?

I gestured to the plaster cast on my leg.

Kendall: I know how you are feeling. Cara your bone has healed but it's not strong enough. It will take a couple of days. The muscles also need to build up. That's why the plaster cast is there. If we take this off now your bone will remain weak.

Cara: How do you know about this so well?

Kendall: Because unlike you I didn't make it down the stair case. I fell down and hurt myself bad. It took twice the time to recover. My dad didn't talk to me for a week.

She chuckled and I nodded my head understanding. Somehow I chugged the most of it down and gave her a smile when I was done.

Kendall: Gigi is in town. Lauren and her wanted to see you.

Cara: Yeah sure. It's not like I have to go running or something.

I said and laughed and my joke. Kendall just glared at me.

She led me out of the kitchen.

Cara: Please can we sit in the living room today? I am bored of my room. It's the same thing. We are already down. Please..

Kendall nodded and smiled. I grinned and she made me sit on the couch.

Kendall: You know I made you something.

She skipped up the stairs and came back with a top in her hands.

Kendall: Wear this.

Cara: Kendall i can't-

Kendall: I know what I am doing. Just wear it.

I gave her a look and wore the top. It was a half sleeved round neck plain top which was cut only beneath my chest from the front.

Kendall: Cool nuh? I figured this. All your body parts will be covered leaving just your midriff. Win-win.

She said grinning like a fool admiring her artwork.

I have to admit it was a cool idea.

~

A/N

I have to admit it was not a cool idea to eat lots of ice cream. I caught cold and by tomorrow I might catch fever.