Certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Cara's POV

Cara: Your heart and my heart are very very old friends.

Kendall's eyebrows furrowed and I was thrown back to the harsh reality.

Cara: I mean.. I am friends with Lauren and she is friends with you... so that way..

What Bullshit reason is this?? I can come up with something much better than this! What happens to me when I am with her? Everything goes haywire when I see her.

I think she bought my bullshit and looked down. Her hands were still holding my right hand. She quickly removed her hands.

Kendall: I .. I am sorry for touching you like that. And all those kisses.. shit! I am so sorry.. I shouldn't have done that.. I shouldn't be here. I am sorry.

She quickly stood up and started gathering her things. Such a cutie! Old Kendall was a little more mature. But then again.. this one is only two years old.

Lol! So funny.

Okay it's too early to joke about it.

Cara: Kendall

She stopped and turned to face me. I tapped the left side of the hospital bed.

Cara: Come here.

She came back to me and stood on my left side. I lifted my hand and carassed her cheeks..

Cara: You don't have to worry about touching me or kissing me. I like you.

I love you! I love you to the moon and back. I love you with all my heart and soul.

Cara: I think we can be good friends.

I want to be more than that. Your lover. Your girlfriend. Your everything.

I waited for her response.

Kendall: If it's what you want. I will be glad to be the one who you laugh with. You deserve every laugh and smile.

Kendall ruffled my hair a little and smiled at me. But it was a tired smile. She is exhausted.

Cara: You have been awake the whole night. Get some sleep.

I gestured to the couch and she nodded. She let out a yawn and rubbed her eyes a little. She went to the couch and laid down.

Kendall: Good night Cara. Sweet dreams.

Ohh you have no idea how great the night has turned out to be. I am one step closer to you.

~

Kendall's POV

Mark woke me up at 7 am and informed me that the final meeting of Rimmel was preponed to 8 am by Janice. It was going to be just a concluding meeting and it will not take more than one hour.

They will not wake up Cara before 9. I can quickly attend the meeting and come back. I glanced at Cara. She is still sleeping with a little smile on her face. So beautiful.

Mark drove me to the apartment and after taking a shower I wore something casual. I will go to the hospital directly from the meeting.

We reached the office with five minutes to spare and I apologized for yesterday's behavior. It's not professional to leave a meeting like that.

Bernd: It's okay. I understand.

I smiled and we started the meeting. I started playing Connect on my phone listening to them babble on..

Finally after a dreading 50 minutes the meeting ended.

Bernd: So there it is. Everything we need to know.

Kendall: Thank you. It has been a good 5 days.

I shook his hand and left my office followed by Janice and Mark.

Kendall: We'll get a take away from starbucks. Coffee for Cara also.

Janice nodded and brought back two bags filled with food and 4 cups of coffee.

We reached the hospital around 10. She must be awake by now. I knocked on her door and entered. Cara was putting much concentration on trying to eat with her left hand.

I walked to her bed and took the spoon from her. I scooped some in the spoon and started feeding her.

Cara: You realize you have to feed me for the whole of the next month.

She said gesturing to her right hand. I chuckled.

Kendall: I am ready to feed you my whole life.

After she ate her food I gave the coffee to her. She was about to drink it when I stopped her.

Kendall: Wait.. wait. Like a good girl you ate your whole breakfast. You are entitled to a gift.

Her eyes lit up upon hearing the news. I brought the starbucks bag and took out a strip of bacon.

Cara: Ahh!! I love you!! Give it to me.

I chuckled and fed her the bacon. She greedily gave me puppy eyes in anticipation to get some more.

Kendall: That won't work.. No more.

She continued to give me puppy eyes and pouted her lips..

Screw it. One more won't hurt. Her pout is just so cute. I took another one from the bag and fed her.

Cara: I knew it would.

She said proud of herself. Such an adorable creature! I smiled at her and started drinking my coffee.

Cara: So tell me more about you? Who are you?

She asked me after taking a sip of her coffee.

Kendall: Uhm. I am the COO of AyKa. I have my parents and one elder brother. He is married to Jennifer and they have two kids. Ayra and Karl. i don't remember much about myself. You see two years ago I got into an accident and lost most of my memory. So I don't have much to say..

Cara: You lost your memory? Dont you want to know who you were before the accident. What memories you had..

Kendall: At first I did. I was bummed that I lost my memory but then my therapist asked me one question. 'Do you want to be worried about your past and screw your future or let go of the past and make new memories in the future??' And then I realized.. Maybe I had amazing memories.. I may have done some crazy stuff.. but I don't remember them now.. and that's okay, Cause it's not the end. I am not dead. I can still make new memories.

We shared a smile.

Kendall: It's okay to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Cara: You are a strong person.

Kendall: You are not so bad yourself.

I said and we chuckled.

~

A/N

Live each day as if it were your last, cause I am not super good with my schedules.. 😎👿🔪