Perfect line.

Kendall's POV

I am currently lying in Cara's guest bedroom sighing. I haven't slept in 3 days. Ever since I left Cara's bedroom three nights ago I can't sleep a dime. I.. I miss her hands. The way they used to hold onto mine tightly till we went to sleep and wake up same. Sleeping alone is just so weird now. I used to sleep alone back in California. Why is it hard now?

I sighed deeply and tossed on my stomach staring at my phone. Should I message her? What if she is sleeping now? I ignored my inner voice and turned on my back again, thinking about the time I asked her.

Flashback. 3 days ago...

Kendall's POV

We just left the hospital. After a great week her plaster cast on the left leg is finally off. Only her right arm cast is left and that will be removed after 4 days. Cara is extremely happy, finally, she doesn't have to wobble anymore.

I went to support her when we left the elevator when she stopped me.

Cara: I don't need your help anymore. See. I can walk now.

I stepped back and the realisation dawned on me. Three weeks have passed and I am so used to her that I can't move on from her. After Friday her right arm plaster cast will also be removed. She will be back to being her normal self. She will not need me anymore. I will have to leave her, her house and London.

I have to do something. I can't let her get to me. It was fun till it lasted. I am too ahead of myself. I am just someone helping her. If not me, someone else would have been here to help her.

We arrived at her house after dinner and I decided to say it now.

Kendall: Cara, uhm. I think now that your plaster cast is off.. and you can walk without my help I.. I should start sleeping in the other room.

Cara: No.. why? This is perfect. You.. here. It's perfect. What if I need something?

Kendall: I will be awake in the next room. Actually I have a lot of work to do and I will have to keep the lights of the room switched on. It would be impossible for you to sleep like that.

Cara was about to say something but I cut her in.

Kendall: Cara, You need a good night's sleep. You are taking many medicines. I can't do that to you. Okay? I'll sleep in the room next door. You can call me for anything you want.

~

I let out a deep sigh. If I could just talk to her. Hold her hand. Sleep next to her. My phone vibrated and I frowned. I picked it up.

From Cara:
It just dawned on me that you helped me so much. I am sure nobody else would have been this selfless.

I smiled after seeing her mesage. She is also not asleep. Is she having problems sleeping just like me?

To Cara:
Why are you awake at this time of the night?

From Cara:
Can ask you the same question...

To Cara:
I have work.

Liar!

From Cara:
I am not sleepy.

To Cara:
Yep, this is a long night....

From Cara:
Technically it's not over yet... ;)

She never stops being a dork. I decided to play along.

To Cara:
You are sexy when you are presumptuous. ;)

I waited for her reply. She is taking too long...

To Cara:
Cat got your thumbs?

From Cara:
I am trying to come up with a perfect line.

I chuckled at her reply and decided to send something bold.

To Cara:
To get me into your bed?

From Cara:
My bed. My arms. My life.

I practically melted at that reply. She can flirt so well... Knows exactly what to say at what time.

I stood up and got off my bed. I walked to her room and opened it. She was half lying with her back on the board, lights switched on.

Kendall: Perfect line.

She smiled and I went to the other side of the bed and got in.

Kendall: Here, I am in your bed.

I then scooted closer to ger and took her left arm to wrap around me. I placed my head on her shoulder, our legs touching.

Kendall: And here, I am in your arms.

I said and looked up to see her smile. Her eyes were shinning and I could see their light blue colour. I don't know about 'her life' though but I am going to make the most of this night. She kissed the top of my head and I don't know when I fell asleep.

~

Kendall's POV

We are currently on our way to the hospital. Cara is coaxing me to tell who I like. I tried to dodge the question but she is persistent.

Cara: Come on... tell me who is it that you like?

Kendall: I am not telling you.

Cara: Why??

Because it's you. You are the one that I like. But I could never tell you because it will ruin our friendship. I know for a fact that you will never like me. That you will never love me and that you are already in love with someone else.

Kendall: Because it is someone I can't have.

She gave me a frown and was about to ask me something else when we arrived at the hospital.

~

Cara's POV

Finally my plaster cast is off. As much as I am happy I am extremely sad also. This means Kendall will leave me. Leave me all alone. Few days back she decided to start sleeping in the other room and my heart broke. I hadn't slept without her. I spent my nights thinking about her. Staring at her pictures on my phone. I even took out the CaKe necklace that she had gifted me. I cried when all the memories came rushing in my mind. Yesterday I finally sent her a text and she was awake like she said she would be. She ended up sleeping with me and that night I actually slept. With her in my arms listening to her calm breath.

On the way when I tried to coax her into telling me who is it that she likes she gave me a vague answer.

I left the washroom and walked back to the waiting room where she is waiting for me. We will go to some cafe from here.

As I approached closer I saw she is talking to a man. The man was kind of handsome. I slowed my steps to see what she is going to do. She took her phone and did something to it before giving it to the man. He smiled and again did something on her phone. Kendall's eyes met mine and she said something to the man. He hugged her and left.

Is she...

~

A/N

Only one more chapter left.

As I said last night. My sweet little self caught fever. :(

Remember, I will never do something you'd be expecting.