Very Very old friends.

Kendall's POV

I was sitting on a chair outside Cara's room waiting for the doctor's to come out. It's been two hours since I gave my blood. Mark said that Cara was brought in the hospital around 7 in the morning. It was a car accident. She was standing in the middle of the zebra crossing waiting for the car to approach her. He said that she was drunk and high on drugs.

I stared blankly at the white tiles waiting for the doctors to come out. By now Gigi, Lauren and Cara's parents have also arrived.

Mark and Janice are trying go get them to drink or eat something. They know better to not annoy me. They know I won't.

After a dreading wait the doctor comes out. He removed his mask and unveiled a thin line of a mouth. He has no expressions.

Doctor: She is out of danger for now but if she doesn't wake up in the next 16 hours we doubt she ever will.

I stared at him blankly. Pandora started crying and Cara's father tried to comfort her.

Doctor: You all can see her now. One at a time.

Being the mother Pandora was the first to go inside. I stayed put. One by one they went inside and came out crying. Janice was the last one.

Janice: Kenny do you want to?

Kendall: I'll stay with her inside.

I said and walked inside. Surprisingly no one objected. I am just a stranger who she met on professional terms. How can they let me stay with her. For all we know I could be a drug lord.

I situated myself on the right side of the bed on a stool which was previously accomodated by the ones who came in before me.

Her right arm looks like its fractured. Her left leg is wrapped as well. There are no injuries on her beautiful face but she has a bandage wrapped around her head. Her blonde hair is tied in a braid and away from her face. Her eyes are closed preventing me to see her ocean green orbs.

She is lying infront of me still.. her chest rising and falling just mere inches showing she is still alive. I stared at her pale face which was once glowing. The smile which is my favorite is now just a thin line. I stare at her trying to memorise every freckle. Every spot. Every inch of her face. The diamond tattoo on her ear.

From her ears my eyes travel to her hands. The 'CJD' tattoo and then the Lion tattoo on her finger. She is my Lion. I get a strong urge to hold her hand, squeeze it a little, show her I am here for her and I always will be, that I am not just another admirer. To show her that I love her.

I raise my hand and bring it above her hand. My hand is hovering over hers. I reconsider my decision. What if I touch her and something happens to her? What if she doesn't like it?

I pull my hand back to my side.

It hurts so much to want something I cannot have.

There was a knock on the door and I whispered a low "come in" afraid my voice may disturb her.

Mark: It's 9pm. You should eat something.

He said and entered with a sandwich. Time sure went fast. Cara has to wake up before 6 am. I took the sandwich from him.

Mark: Eat it. She will wake up. I know she will.

He said and smiled before leaving. I unwrapped the sandwich and took a small bite. I always dreamed about the things I would say to Cara. But when I got the chance to. I never did. This may be my last chance.

I finished my sandwich and threw the wrapper in the dustbin. I picked a rose from the vase on the table and sat on the stool.

Kendall: I don't know if I had ever heard about you before my accident but after my accident... you were the best thing that happened to me. You know, I had asked Janice over drinks once, "What is love?" She told me, it’s when you can’t stop thinking of her and when the thought of her makes you smile. I nodded then and smiled when I first saw you in that Balmain party, my eyes were set on you. It was like no one else was there, just us two, I told myself, “This must be it." Could I be dreaming, could all these be real? Am I really feeling what I’m not supposed to feel?

I was crying now. I wiped my eyes and smiled at her. I giggled a little, how silly I must be looking..

Kendall: Cara, I have searched in places, I’ve waited for two years, I’ve taken all the chances, I’ve cried so many tears, I’ve seen so many faces, I’ve hid a lot of fears until my heart stopped searching when I first talked to you. Asked you to ride with me. Could this be because I’m faling for you?

I waited for her to answer. But she didn't. I saw the time. 1 am. She will wake up. I know she will. And I have to look good when she sees me. I stood up and went inside the washroom. I splashed some water on my face and wiped it dry. My nose was red and my eyes were puffed because of the crying.

I came back to my spot and continued talking to her.

Kendall: Why are you not waking up Cara? Is it something I did? Is it because you have no one who loves you? Wake up Cara. I am right here. You don’t stop your tears from falling, I’m here to wipe them dry, here to stop the hurting whenever someone says goodbye. I may not be the person to make the hurting end but I’d do anything to never see you hurt again. Please wake up. I promise to be there when you need me, I promise to hug you tight, I promise to wipe your tears when they fall and I promise to keep you, not for the rest of my life but for the rest of yours.

I cried and cried so much that I fell asleep sitting on the stool my head on the side table still clutching on the rose.

~

Third Person's POV

Kendall woke up in a jolt when something started beeping rapidly. She panicked. She started thinking that Cara is going to die. She quickly stood up.

Kendall: CARA! Cara, If you’re leaving, ta-take m-me with y-you. If you’re running away, t-take me too. If you’re ju-jumping off, ho-hold my hand as you d-do. But before it hap-happens, I ju-just want to clarify som-something. You m-may go. But I’ve g-got no re-reason no-not to fol-follow.

Kendall tried to speak between her cries. The nurses rushed in and Kendall stood her ground. She doesn't care anymore, she quickly took Cara's hand. She wiped her tears and squeezed Cara's hand.

Kendall: Cara. Please... Please Cara.. please..

Kendall started kissing Cara's hand repeatedly and the tears from Kendall's cheek dropped on Cara's hand.

The machine went silent. The beeping stopped. Kendall couldn't believe it.

Kendall: Cara?

Cara's eyes opened with a jolt and she started heaving for air. She started taking deep breaths with her eyes wide open.

Kendall: Cara.

Kendall started crying and she kissed Cara's hand once again.

The doctor came in and checked Cara. He turned to Kendall with a smile on her face.

Doctor: She is completely out of danger. She woke up. There is nothing to worry about now. After tomorrow's tests you can take her home the day after tomorrow. Congratulations.

He smiled and left. The nurses followed him soon. When they were left alone in the room, Cara spoke.

Cara: I knew in my heart you would be the first one I will see when I wake up.

Cara spoke very slowly. Kendall took Cara's hand and kissed her knuckles. She smiled big but her eyebrows were furrowed in confusion.

Kendall: Your heart knew? How?

Kendall laughed thinking Cara was joking. Cara gestured Kendall to come closer. Kendall obliged. Cara slowly lifted her left arm and touched Kendall's chest.

Cara: Your heart

And then touched her own chest, flinching a little when it pained.

Cara: and my heart, are very very old friends.

~

A/N

Finally! Cake moments coming up!! Only happy times ahead!!

Yeaayyy!! Woohoo..

Also don't forget I will attack your little shipper heart when you least expect it. 😉😈