Chapter 5

Kaede

"Um so where are we gonna go? I can lead us to where Chopper, Luffy, or Robin is located." I say as I glance over at Zoro who was also looking at me.

"Let's just wander for a bit." Zoro says and he takes the lead. "I get lost easily so that's the best if we want to explore right?"

"That's for sure." I says following behind him and we start walking in comfortable silence. A couple of minutes pass and I see Zoro look back at me.

"Can I ask you something?" Zoro asks and I hum indicating for him to go on. "The first day you were on the ship, why were you crying on top of the crow's nest?" Zoro asks looking at me again and I stop for a second before continuing.

"I had a dream remembering the death of someone I deeply cared about." I say and Zoro doesn't pry anymore so we fall into silence for a bit longer before Zoro speaks again.

"I've been wondering this for a bit but aren't you cold?" Zoro asks and I look down to find myself still in my blue jeans and black sweater.

"Nope I'm not cold at all;" I say and Zoro stops in shock.

"How are you not cold? I'm wearing this thick winter coat and I'm still freezing." Zoro says and I pass him. I start walking backwards so I can look at him while we're talking.

"I'm hot-blooded." I say and Zoro jogs to catch up with me.

"That is not a liable explanation since I'm hot blooded as well." Zoro says and I see him slightly shiver as a cold wind blows past.

"Do you need me to share my body warmth?" I ask him.

"No I don't idiot. Don't even suggest that." He says and we walk in silence a bit longer. I keep looking at Zoro since I was walking backward and suddenly he grabs my arm. He pulls me towards him and I gently collide with his muscled chest.

"Did someone change their mind?" I ask him after diminishing my surprise.

"No it's just you should pay more attention to your surroundings and not walk backwards possibly." Zoro says and I turn around to see a cliff behind me.

"Oh thanks bud." I say giving Zoro a grateful smile from over my shoulder and I go to step out away from him but his arms snake around my waist keeping me pressed to his chest.

"We are never gonna speak of this event either. Man, are you ever warm; you're already warming me up a lot." Zoro says and I roll my eyes.

"I guess I'm a personal heater now. So anyway what do you think that is?" I ask pointing at the big yellow building I had spotted a bit before.

"I don't know but it sure is weird." Zoro says setting his head on top of mine for a second before he backs away. "Okay let's go check it out and thanks for warming me up."

"No problem; now let's go." I say grabbing his wrist and jumping off the cliff.

"What the hell are you doing?" Zoro yells as we fall down towards the ice below.

"If you're that worried about hurting yourself then I'll make sure to protect you." I say as I land on the ground feet first with Zoro landing feet first a second later.

"It's not that; just tell me before you do something like that." Zoro yells at me and I look at him confused.

"You have Luffy as a captain and you're upset about a little jump. You sure are strange." I say.

"That's Luffy though. He does that all the time and even though you're his brother I was hoping you'd be more like Ace." Zoro says as we start walking towards the building.