Chapter 18

Kaede

"Giant beetle? How strange I thought we were looking for a large needle." Mini Mustache says.

"Why would Shiki need that?" Poncho says and I narrow my eyes at that name. "You never listen to what I tell you. It's a giant beetle."

"Oh, well then. I wonder if the giant beetle I passed on my here is the same one we're looking for?" Mini Mustache asks as Zoro and Sanji charge only to get caught in nets before being hosted up on the other side of Luffy.

"Kaede attack." Luffy suddenly says pointing at Mini Mustache who looks up at us confused.

"Nah. I'm going to sleep for a bit. Wake me up after the blue beetle shows up." I say closing my eyes and relaxing in the cage despite the size of it.

"What blue beetle?" The villagers and pirates ask while exchanging looks.

"Are you really just going to sleep?" Usopp yells.

"Probably won't due to all the noise that will be happening but I'm sure going to try until I get sent a blaze by the beetle since everyone will probably forget to wake me up when I said." I say closing my eyes and drifting off slightly until I feel Luffy's elbow slam into my cheek. I open my eyes and glare at Luffy while rubbing my cheek but he doesn't seem to notice.

"I'm not gonna let you go with these bastards. Giant Beetle you still haven't fought with me. We promised and I know that you remember." Luffy yells and I raise an eyebrow looking past Luffy towards Sanji and Zoro for an explanation.

"Long story short the beetle tried to give himself up but Luffy wants to fight him so he punched him away." Zoro says and I nod before looking back at Luffy.

"What are you doing? Can't you see that Boss was trying to sacrifice himself for the islands?" A villager yells.

"Shut up I don't care. I just want to fight him." Luffy yells.

"Is that it?" The whole village says and I chuckle.

"Do you have something to say?" Luffy yells at them and I see the girl start crying.

"I want to... I want to... be with Boss forever!" The girl yells and a small smile forms on my lips. "I want... to be... with Boss... on this island." She says while crying and I turn to Luffy.

"So what's the plan for getting out of these cages?" I ask and Luffy looks at me.

"Ahh you're awake. Attack Kaede." Luffy says once again.

"Are you literally asking me to bust open this cage and pound his face in?" I ask looking at Luffy with a raised eyebrow as well as the other two.

"Yes, now attack." Luffy says and I shake my head before kicking Luffy in the face.

"You're an idiot." I say.

"What can't do it?" Luffy suddenly and I narrow my eyes at him.

"What are you saying there, buddy?" I ask in a dangerously low voice.

"If you can't do it I guess you can't do it." Luffy says and my eyes narrow into slits.

"There is no way I can't do it." I say ripping a hole in the metal cage before jumping down to the ground.

"He just ripped a hole in a metal cage." The villagers and some of the pirates say in shock.

"Go Kaede." Usopp yells and I roll my eyes before slamming a kick into Mini Mustache. Mini Mustache goes flying off towards the ocean and I block the sun from my eyes to see how far he goes.