Chapter 27

Kaede

"I'll make some of that easier for you. I'll head over to Impel Down right now." I say before jumping to Magellan's office. Magellan and Hannyabal jump in surprise when I appear before getting ready for a fight.

"Who are you?" Magellan asks and before anyone can say something else the transponder snail in his office starts ringing.

"That should be Sengoku; it'd be best to pick it up and he'll inform you of what to do with me." I say before plopping down in one of his chairs and I get comfortable. I hear Magellan and Sengoku talking over the snail obviously discussing me.

"Hey Hannyabal you might want to get the Level Six cage that Fire Fist was in ready for a new resident." I say and Hannyabal looks at me confused. Magellan hangs up the snail and turns to look at me.

"It is just like she says; she is a new resident for a week before she's to be executed. Death's Tempest is a new resident of Level Six." Magellan says as he pulls out a set of handcuffs and I raise an eyebrow at them.

"You still want to cuff me even though I've had over a million chances to escape and yet I'm still here." I say and Magellan looks at the cuffs one more time before putting them away.

"That's true; let's go then." Magellan says starting to head towards the elevator. I let out a sigh as I get up out of the chair. We enter the elevator and it starts moving as we head down to Level Six which isn't supposed to exist. I start whistling halfway through the ride since I couldn't stand the silence anymore and after a couple of seconds Hannyabal joins in until Magellan glares at us. I pout now that I'm not allowed to whistle anymore but a couple seconds later we reach Level Six and Magellan shows me to the cage Ace was previously held in.

"Can I just get the leg shackles since the arm ones will really bug me?" I ask and Magellan glares at me.

"What makes you think I'll agree to that? For all I know you could be planning to escape." Magellan says and I give him a seriously look.

"Like I said before if I wanted to escape then I could've done that before and if I wanted to bust someone out of here then why would I do it this way when I could just do it by force?" I ask and Magellan glares at me.

"Fine but this is the only time I'm ever doing this." Magellan says and I nod before walking into the cell. The guards put the cuffs around my ankles and I plop down on the ground. Magellan, Hannyabal, and the guards that were with us all leave.

"Where's Ace?" A voice says and I turn to look at my cell mate. It was a whale shark fish man and if I recall correctly he's one of the Royal Shichibukai.

"You're Jimbei right?" I ask and Jimbei nods.

"Yes, I am; where's Ace?" Jimbei asks glaring at me but it doesn't affect me.

"Ace is back on the Moby Dick where he belongs." I say and Jimbei looks at me confused. "A deal was made for the freedom of Fire Fist Ace."

"What could possibly have been traded that's worth the government setting Ace free?" Jimbei asks and I close my eyes before leaning my head against the stone wall behind me.

"Death's Tempest," I whisper and silence falls upon us.

"You mean?" Jimbei trails off and I nod.

"Yeah I traded my life for Ace's." I say opening one of my eyes to look at Jimbei who was staring at me in confusion.

"Why? Why would you do that?" Jimbei asks.

"I'm not about to let my brother be executed when I can do something about it."