Chapter 22

Kaede

"Not good. She's barely able to get a breath." Chopper says and I spot the yellow bird from before making its way over. I ignore it and sit crossed legged on the ground before closing my eyes and meditating. I focus first on feeling the flow of the earth that attaches to everything before scanning through it looking for the IQ plants that Chopper will need to make the cure Nami needs. Why couldn't I have had one more vial left? I'm snapped out of my meditation by the deck we're on being shattered. I act quickly before we hit the ground and slow our descent so we land gently on the ground.

"Shiki," I say spotting the man.

"Now you've gone and done it Baby doll. You're that determined to die. You've let me down too many times. Go on. Try as many times as you like. No one's going to stop me from crushing the East Blue." Shiki yells creating giant Snow tigers to attack us.

"Don't take your personal problems out on the East Blue." I mutter as I take out half of the snow Lions and Luffy takes out the other half.

"Luffy," Usopp and Chopper yell when they spot Luffy standing in between them and Shiki.

"I'm really starting to feel forgotten about." I say and Luffy shakes his head.

"You probably already know where the medicine to make Nami better is. Can you take Chopper and Usopp there while I handle this guy?" Luffy asks and I nod.

"Let's go you two." I say walking in the direction that Shiki has his plants growing.

"Give him hell Luffy." Chopper yells following behind carrying Nami and Usopp's right beside him.

"There's a plantation over there." I say pointing towards the building on top of one of the other buildings. "I'm almost certain that the antidote's in there and if there isn't one ready I can make one with everything there."

"Who are you anyway?" Usopp asks realizing that he's never asked me yet.

"Death's Tempest, right?" Nami whispers out.

"Try to rest, the more you speak and do stuff the quicker the Daft spreads besides that you're correct." I say and Nami nods before relaxing against Chopper's back.

"What?" Usopp asks in surprise slowing down some before catching up again to me and Chopper.

"We don't have time to discuss it. Let's focus on getting Nami that antidote." I say pushing open the doors with the two behind me.

"It smells like a lab up there." Chopper says starting to climb up the stairs to where what appears to be a lab is.

"This must be the lab they do their research in." Usopp says and they start going through the bottles and vials. "How are we supposed to know what to give her?"

"We could ask him." I say pointing at the guy who's sitting on the railing. "I do assume he's the scientist."

"Give us the cure for Daft." Chopper says.

"Why should I?" He asks laughing. "You can look all you like but why would I give you my own personal stash?"

"That would save you a lot of pain. Trust me. Not that I mind taking it by force really. Stand back guys I'm going to slash him to shreds." Zoro says walking in with his swords out and no jacket with his suit.

"Zoro," Chopper and Usopp yell at the same time.

"You managed to follow me all the way here, did you?" Clown Scientist asks.

"Right, get this guy. We need that drug he has to save Nami." Usopp says and he and Chopper move out of the way. I move off to the side slightly as the clown jumps down. Before anyone can blink after the clown lands I've gone behind him, stolen the drug and I'm now standing on his other side. I see Zoro's eyes flick to mine briefly before he starts fighting the clown after the idiot starts dissing the East Blue. They jump outside and before Chopper and Usopp can follow I stop them with an arm.