Chapter 8

Kaede

"Who is that? Is someone actually riding the ship?" Robin asks.

"So can you cut ghost?" Zoro asks.

"On the deck, look." Sanji says and you can see someone there. A couple of the crew starts to freak out again when they can fully see the skeleton whose name is Brook. I know this because he's eaten a devil fruit and thanks to the curse I know almost everything about the people who have devil fruit abilities.

"Gather up all of the crew, it's time to ship out Bink's brew." Brook says before taking a sip from his cup and the ship floats past which causes the crew to snap out of their initial shock.

"Did you see that? There's a singing skeleton on that ship." Luffy says.

"Oh no way, skeletons don't sing they're dead. You're seeing things it's not real." Usopp says with Chopper nodding behind him.

"Sanji you heard him, come on please can we go?" Luffy asks before his eyes turn to sparkles. "I wonder, if he sings what else can he do? Alright," Luffy says starting to run off but Sanji stops him by grabbing the back of his vest.

"Not so fast. You can't go alone." Sanji says and Zoro holds out a group of sticks to the coward trio of the crew.

"Listen up we're drawing straws to decide who stays here and who goes on the creepy ghost ship with Luffy." Zoro says which causes Nami, Usopp, and Chopper to cry out. I stand up on the railing and walk over to where Robin was standing on the railing. Luffy stood beside her with Sanji beside him and Franky beside him.

"Ready to see some ghost and stuff?" Luffy asks.

"Yeah," Franky says and I roll my eyes.

"I'm going ahead." I say turning to look at Luffy. "Five twenty-three please," I say and the others exchange confused looks except for Luffy who jumps off the railing before moving to stand behind me.

"You sure you want five twenty-three not three fifteen?" Luffy asks and I nod.

"Yup, five twenty-three please." I say and Luffy sends his arms flying back.

"Don't go blaming me then if you're all sore later." Luffy says before hitting me with his Gum-Gum Bazooka which sends me flying over to the other ship where I land gracefully beside Brook.

"Hello mister skeleton." I say and Brook just stares at me for a bit longer.

"Why hello, would you like to join me for some tea?" Brook asks and I nod.

"Sure why not? I'm Kaede by the way." I say offering him my hand which he gladly shakes.

"Brook and it's nice to see someone who isn't afraid of me." Brook says before disappearing into a cabin and coming back with another cup.

"There's only one thing I fear and that's already happened to me before, I don't want it to happen again. Anyway there's no way you'd possibly scare me and there's another idiot who's currently climbing up the ropes who you won't scare." I say staring into the cup before taking a sip.

"There is?" Brook asks walking over to look over the railing. "There are three people climbing up though." Brook says coming back over to stand beside me. When those three finally get on deck they stare at Brook except Nami who's pretty much crying.

"Good afternoon. Thank you all for stopping by, you must excuse me for not greeting you properly before. I really was quite surprised; it's been so many years you see wandering these waters all alone. I'm so used to ghost ships that humans frightened me quite ironic isn't it? Ah but please come inside and take a seat. I'm sure you have many tales to share." Brook says and I glare at him.