14. Rehearsal

"And I beat up a Bratz doll thinking it was Sasha?" I question, scratching my head.

"Yeah. It was pretty hilarious," Luke guffaws, slapping his knee during the process. I roll my eyes before spotting Justin and Sasha about to walk past Luke's car. Justin obviously recognises his brother's car and looks in our direction. I smirk before grabbing Luke and smashing my lips against his. He reacts immediately and pulls me over to his lap, his hands gripping my waist. I wrap my arms around his neck, a moan escaping my lips when he grabs my ass. I pull away and smile as he just stares at me.

"C'mon we can't be late for rehearsal," I breath before opening the door and climbing off his lap. I smirk when I see Justin standing there, seething with anger.

Luke's POV
Did she just tease me? For like no reason? Seriously? I have a million questions for what just happened but the expression on Libby's face says it all. She's smirking. Not at me but at someone else. I get out of the car and notice her smirking at Justin, who was currently being dragged away by Sasha.

Of course. It was for him. This is what I signed up for and this is why I'm doing this. To make him jealous. Also to avoid running around a house naked but yeah, mostly to make him jealous. I'm just a prop in this little game I guess.

I interlock her fingers with mine as we amble towards the school building. We may have been suspened but we still have to attend the reharsal for the play.

Libby smiles at me and kisses my cheek. "You really are just a romantic sap aren't you?" she says, giving me a small smile. I chuckle and shake my head.

"I guess so,"

***
"I have no time to complain at you for getting yourselves suspended since we've lost our DJ for the play," Mrs Bennett rants as she paces the stage. As if on cue, the door opens to reveal a petite brunette girl with headphones around her neck.

"Sorry I'm late," she pants as she climbs onto the stage. She shakes our hands and smiles. "You must be the guys playing Nicole and Blake," she says as she points at the both of us. We nod, ignoring the scoffs and groans of Sasha standing beside us. Justin continues to do whatever has occupied him on his phone, ignoring Sasha's cries for attention.

"Hurry up and play the song," Mrs Bennett says, ushering her backstage.

"What song?" Libby asks as Mrs Bennett rushes back to the stage and shushes us. The song begins to play and Libby and I look at each other and shrug, oblivious to the fact this song probably is significant to the play. Halfway through the song she begins to speak.

"This is the song Nicole and Blake finally realise they need each other. This is obviously the end song and the last scene of the play," she explains.

"But why aren't we rehearsing the first scene? Why are we not doing this in order?" I query, running a hand through my hair.

"Ugh, don't you guys get it? The most important scene has to be practised the most, so it can be the most memorable," Sasha says in a 'Duh' tone. I roll my eyes before looking back at Mrs Bennett who seems to agree with Sasha's comment.

"Exactly that. If we don't practise the most important scene a lot, it will be performed poorly and won't be remembered. This is my last play before I leave on maternity leave. We can't mess this up," she breathes, rubbing her belly.

For the next two hours and a bit, we learnt the last scene and the song. We stare into each others eyes as a perform it, the distance between getting smaller and smaller. The song ends and we both lean in for the kiss before Sasha let's out an ear piercing scream. We both sigh and turn to look at her, our patience wearing thin.

"You were both too early leaning in. You were out of tune and Libby you're ugly!" she groans, throwing her head back. Random much?

"Speak one more time and I'll show you how ugly I can get," Libby threatens, clearly getting angrier by the second. Since Mrs Bennett had to leave early for an appoitment, we were stuck with her assistant. Sasha.

"Girls, girls, no fighting, you know what that landed you last time don't you Libby?" Lucy smirks as she walks over to us. We discovered the brunette girl's name only a few minutes ago, you can't blame us, she wasn't much of a talker.

"Whatever," Libby sighs.

Libby's POV
"Hey can I speak to you for a second?" Lucy asks, dragging me back stage. She takes a seat opposite me and sighs.

"What's up?" I ask, running a hand through my hair

"Coral's coming back,"

***
Shorter than usual but I really wanted to leave this on a cliffhanger. The song they sing at the end is called 'Never Forget You by Zara Larsson and MNEK,'

Shout out to KearaBoo for wishing me all the best with my stories. Check out her stories they're really good!

OMG 1.2K READS AFGSGSGAF I CAN'T BREATH! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH.

Please vote, comment and share

Kayla :)