18. She's Everywhere

She's everywhere. In my nightmares, in my dreams. Everywhere. Wherever I look she's there. I can't seem to avoid her. Her name gives me chills, her presence sends shivers down my spine, the anxiety, the depression all the bad memories come rushing back as I stare at the multiple pictures of her plastered on my locker. It can't have been Luke. He may not know about what happened but he wouldn't do that. Not Sasha. No not her. She hasn't bothered me ever since our last rehearsal. Lucy. It's Lucy. S-She knows Coral, they're friends of course they're both toying with me, they're playing with my mind and they're winning. My conscience is telling me to fight back but it doesn't understand. I've already lost.

"Libby-"

"Luke, I'm not in the mood I need some space," I slam my locker door shut, ignoring the weird looks I'm receiving from Luke.

"Libby I didn't mean it. I was hurt. I was sexually frustrated, I-I, you're my best friend. And I tried to sleep with you because I was fustrated. This relationship thing is hard. So hard and I'm so sorry. You're not a slut, I am. I'm a dirty pig and I deserve ...." I stop listening. I forgive him. I really do but something else has my attention. Lucy. She's staring at me. Her eyes clouded with hate, confusuon and pain at the same time. Her eyes are bloodshot as she lifts up the placard she's holding.

One month left...

The words on the placards stay imprinted in my mind. The way the smirk never faltered on Lucy's face as I broke down crying, falling to my knees. Luke held me tight as we made our way to the carpark and he drove me home. He never let go of my hand as we sat down on my bed and watched Gossip Girl. He didn't know what was going on, but that didn't matter to him. He was there for me.

***
Scared is an understatement. It's a major understatement. You say you're scared when you see a spider, you say your scared when you're about to embark on a mission that could possibly end up with you dead. But scared doesn't even describe how I'm feeling right now. Scared isn't even close, to how I'm feeling right now. I'm shitting cinder blocks. She's there. She's right there, right on the screen. The grin on her face never faltering as I sit there rooted to the spot. A single tear rolling down my cheek as Luke screams in excitement, smiling as he converses with my worst nightmare.

Don't blame him Libby, he doesn't know. It's not his fault.

He always loved Coral. We were the three musketeers. You could never separate us. We did everything together, we played together, we danced together, we sung together. But Luke always prefered her. She was always better than me at something. There was always something about her that made her so much more special to Luke. She was the reason I soon became the definition of jealousy.

"Go away Libby, we're doing big people stuff"

"You're only two minutes older than me, I'm still a big person,"

"NO ONE WANTS YOU HERE,"

"Lukey bear does," he stood there, staring at his shoes. Wasn't he going to back me up? Wasn't he going to support me? Did he really want me to leave? "Lukey bear?"

"You should go," he muttered, interlocking his fingers with Coral's. "We're dating and you can't be involved," I felt like screaming. We were 8 years old and I was already losing my friend. I thought that only happened to bigger people. When you realise that some people aren't the same person they used to be. But its happening to me now. It shouldn't be.

They left me alone for weeks. I was forced to hang out with other kids, kids I didn't like, kids I absolutely despised. All because Luke liked Coral better than me. But he came back eventually. He told me that he was sorry and that he wanted to be my friend again. He was apparently scared of Coral and what she would do. But they broke up. I know its stupid, but it broke my heart when they left me. All alone.

"So Coral when are you coming back?"

"Ask Libby. She was told this morning," Luke looks at me expectantly, the light in his blue orbs shining bright with excitement.

"One month," I croak, clearing my throat soon after. One month and it starts again.

One month and I'm lonely again. One month and I'll fall into a pit of depression.

One month until my nightmare becomes a reality.

***
Writer's Block came back.... GREAT.

Should my chapters be longer, comment if they should. I'm sorry if this chapter is crappy. From now the rest of my chapters should be quite lit.

Shoutout to ZoeStylesxoxoxo for reading my story

Please vote, comment and share

Kayla :)