24. Practise Makes Perfect

Practise makes perfect. It really does. Whether you're practising for a recital or for a play. Practise really does help. But when you're in a situation like mine, and don't know how to practise being in a relationship with your best friend, you read every wattpad book written, watch every romance movie ever and ask your parents for advice. Right?

Wrong.

You kiss the fuck out of each other until they're sparks. But of course you don't tell each other there were sparks. You don't want to lose the bet.

"Dude," Luke pants as we pull away from each other, taking a breather.

"I'm not going to lie but that was super hot," I smirk, resting my head against his chest, listening to his heartbeat. It's been a week since Katie announced that we would be dancing at her mom's event, but we haven't practised. Not once. We've been dealing with all this overwhelming drama. Miss Bennett screaming at us when we don't get the words right, especially since the play is tomorrow, Sasha spreading rumors, Justin getting a little too touchy with me. And on top of all that, Lucy won't stop going on about Coral.

As if I haven't heard enough from Luke.

Yup that's right, Luke's excited about Coral's return.

It wasn't unexpected. I mean, they were closer. With Coral's unexpected departure Luke was devastated. So in a way. I was a rebound. I wasn't anything to Luke but Coral's sister. And once she returns that's all I'll ever be. Whenever he and Coral get into a fight, I'd be the rebound. I'd just be there on the sidelines, waiting for one of them to slip up. And that scares me.

A lot.

***
"Why are we dancing to a song called Lost boy when you're not even a boy?" Luke queries as the music plays softly in the background.

"Because that's the song Ruth is singing on that night. Now get off your ass and start dancing, I've already prepared a routine but I need to make sure you can execute it perfectly," I sigh before stopping the music and showing him the first few moves. The way his muscular arms moved as his twisted and turned was actually amazing. He could be a really good dancer.

"Thank you," Luke smirks as he stops dancing.

"I said that out loud didn't I?" he nods, a grin plastered on his face before I teach him the rest of the dance.

After 3 very long hours, Luke's got the hang of the routine and is beginning to clean up his movements a bit. "You're actually so good. Better than Justin," I smile before frowning. Luke's expression changes completely as soon as I mention Justin, his fists clenched by his sides.

"He's the problem. He's why everyone thinks we're faking this," Luke spits.

"Dude chill," I try my hardest to calm him down but he carries on.

"Why else do you think everyone thinks you've cheated again? Justin is all over you!"

"So is Sasha but I don't get as butthurt as you are,"

"Excuse me?" Luke steps closer.

"All week, Sasha's been touching you, whispering seductively as she kisses your neck,"

"I-"

"I'M NOT FINISHED- I SAW YOU THE OTHER DAY. AND YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO PIN THIS ON ME?!"

"HERE YOU GO AGAIN MAKING THIS ALL MY FAULT. YOU'RE SUCH A SELF CENTRED BITCH WHO ONLY CARES ABOUT HERSELF!"

"I CARE! I DO CARE! THAT'S WHY EVERY BITCH YOU FUCK I COMFORT FOR THE NEXT WEEK. THAT'S WHY I ALWAYS STICK BY YOU NO MATTER HOW MUCH OF A DISGUSTING FILTHY FUCKBOY YOU ARE! AND THE THING IS YOU DON'T EVEN REALISE WHY YOU DO ALL THIS!"

"WHY DO I DO IT THEN?!"

"BECAUSE OF SOPHIE!" he opens his mouth to say something but decides against it. "You're broken. You warned her about the guys that would use her; you warned her about the guys that would only want her for her body but then you became one of them. You became the person you warned her about. You thought you were preparing her for the future. But she didn't get one. So you became the biggest dickwad on the planet. And when she looks down at you from heaven. She's probably shaking her head. Because in reality the only person she needed to be warned about was you," I spit before grabbing my bag and walking out. Leaving him stunned.

I was harsh. I was. But he needed to hear this. He needed to understand that what he did to the girls of our town was terrible. I may have gone about it the wrong way but that doesn't matter anymore. It's over. The bet, the dare... It's all over.

Because I know with an ego like his he wouldn't want to admit that I'm right. But I guess I'm wrong.

Schmoopie: You're right. I was a jerk- I am a jerk. Meet me at our spot tomorrow. So I can apologise properly.

Me: It's the performance tomorrow. We can't.

Schmoopie: I guess you're waking up early then.

***
Okay, the book is getting closer to its end and still haven't published the sypnosis of the sequel so I'll do that now just to give you a small insight of what's to come.

Thank you so much for reading my lovely jubblies.

Shoutout to julissa-lynn since this person has been voting a lot.

Please vote, comment and share

Kayla :)

P.S I haven't been including rehearsals of the play because they weren't significant. It may seem quick the the play is next chapter. But if I included the amounts of times they went to rehearsal, the story would've gotten boring. So yeah, see you next time lovely jubblies.