19. The Bet

Bets. We all make them. We lose most of them. But we win some of them. The end of a bet has two outcomes, a friend, richer or happier and another friend, poorer and sadder. Bets usually never end well. Well for others anyways. I'm like a lucky charm. I never lose. Okay, maybe once or twice I had a bad day, but I mean it. It's rare. And because of this, I'm kind of known for having a betting problem, I mean it. Like, it's not severe, I don't bet in horse races and shit, I do small, childish kind of bets. Like, fifty bucks says I can do a handstand on top of that shed, or, I bet 30 dollars that I can run this track faster than you. You know, that kind of stuff. So when I'm given the opportunity to win (or potientially lose) a bet, I take it. I mean, you only live once, right? So when I tell you that I regret ever agreeing to this bet. You should probably be concerned.

"What kind of bet?" I querie, squinting at Luke.

"You know, a bet kind of bet,"

"Gimme details," I demand, snapping my fingers.

"Okay, this whole fake dating thing has been kinda lame. So I have an idea that'll make this interesting," Luke sits up, his smirk never faltering.

"Go on..."

"We try to make each other fall in love with one another," my face falls, "Oh come on! We know it'll never happen, so at one point we'll have to stop and do the forfeit,"

"No.. Not the forfeit," I whisper, my fingers shaking. The forfeit is the most humilating, most embarrassing, most terrible thing ever. The forfeit is.... I have to announce my love for Justin in front of everyone. We made up the forfeit ages ago, before I dated Justin. Since we were always making bets, anyone who chickened out during it had to do the forfeit. Everyone has different people though, Luke must profess his love for Sasha, I have to do so for Justin and so on. I refuse to do the forfeit.

"Hey, the forfeit won't be that humiliating if both of us are doing it. You know, if the process takes too long,"

"But what if it happens? What if one of us falls in love?" I ask, gulping down the lump in my throat.

"Then you have to tell everyone during the end of semester game," Luke shrugs, running a hand through his hair. "So what do you say Alanis? Are you in or are you out?"

"Fuck it. I'm in,"

***
Okay, this was just a build up to the action, my chapters will be made longer.

My next update will be this Saturday so stay tuned for that.

Shoutout to koshilleshi for being super supportive and voting.

I felt like I had to update quickly since I despised last chapter.

Sorry this is so short, see you on Saturday.

Please vote, comment and share

Kayla :)

P.S. If you didn't understand what happens if you lose the bet, it's that one of them will tell the whole school that they fell in love with the other ♡