21. He left. Again

"You know Luke doesn't have to be here right? I have new girlfriend so he shouldn't worry," Zack shrugs, laying out his equipment.

"Your game wasn't enough to gain his full trust. Especially after I got high from your brownies," I smile, chuckling to myself, surprisingly enough, it wasn't my first time. What? Getting high off brownies was a regular thing for me, Coral always left them lying around the house. Coral.

"Anywhoo, who's the lucky girl? Is she blonde, brunette, curvy or cereal box? Come on I need the deets," I snap my fingers, my leg bouncing up and down.

"Okay, calm down. Her name is Coral," I freeze. Of course it was Coral. Why didn't I see this coming? But this is all part of her plan. Get close to the people around me, then turn up and destroy my entire being. Shatter my confidence and break down my ability to keep calm and not lash out. She'd break me into a whole new person. I wouldn't be Libby Alanis, the girl who everyone knew and liked, the girl who was meh at sports but amazing at dancing, the girl who had serious anger issues but knew how to keep calm. I would be Libby Alanis. The girl who's afraid of her own sister, the girl who no one spoke to anymore, the girl who quit dance to avoid attending with her sister, the girl who had serious anger issues but wouldn't blow up because she didn't have the guts to. I would be a loser. All because of her. All because of Coral.

"Libby?" Zack calls, waving his hand in front of my face. I snap out of my thoughts, my attention now on his confused expression. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, of course I am, I-I just zoned out for a bit, I'll be fine," I sigh, running a hand through my hair. Luke walks through the door and sits beside me, one hand rests on my thigh, sending shivers up my spine.

"What's going o-"

"Nothing. Nothing. So stop stressing and let's just study,"

"I wasn't stressi-"

"I need a minute," I breathe, getting up from the chair, running down the stairs and sitting down on the couch in the living room. "Coral's coming back," I need to be reminded that this is happening. I need to know what the future holds for me, I need to know how long I have until I'm officially an outcast.

"Fuck. Coral's coming back,"

***
"Did you hear the news?" I ask my father as I sit opposite him on the couch. He nods and sighs, glancing between me and the pillow beside me. "Dad stop thinking about that," I instantly knew what he was thinking about. He was thinking about that night.

"If she comes back the whole town will know. In fact not just this town, Brindlewood and Upton Plains would find out too," my father breaths, gripping his hair.

"Upton Plains and Brindlewood are too concerned about their stupid rivalry against each other rather than what happens here," I shrug, leaning back further into the chair. Upton Plains and Brindlewood are towns not far from Preston. Upton Plains has the most feared and most dangerous gang known to man. Ghost. Well that's what they were called before 'The Incident' happened. So now they're called The Blooded Fangs. They wear creepy purge masks with bloody teeth on them. Even the cops fear them. Fear The Blooded Fangs.

"My life will be ruined. Claire will leave me, the firm will drop me, Libby. My life would be over," of course. He only cared about himself and his stupid reputation. Not about me. And about the effects this will have on me.

"Stop being stupid. The only person this will effect is me, myself and I. You and your reputation will still be intact,"

"But I can't risk that," he whispers. And is if on cue, Claire, my dad's girlfriend, walks in with a bunch of suitcases.

"We'll miss our flight baby, hurry up," she urges, glancing at me.

"What is she saying? Wait, are you leaving again?"

"I'm so sorry Libby. I can't risk it," he mutters, too ashamed to even look at me.

"But da-"

"I have to go,"

"DON'T DO THIS TO ME! NOT AGAIN, THIS WON'T HAPPEN TWICE," I scream, tears rolling down my cheeks. I hated him. I really did. But in the last few weeks, I realised how much I needed him. He may not have been there for me before, but he was here now. Well, not for long that is.

"Libby calm down," Claire says, her teeth gritted.

"NO! HE'S DOING IT AGAIN! IT'S HER FAULT, WHY DID SHE HAVE TO BE SUCH A BITCH?!"

"What you did to her was not the answer,"

"I know... I know and I'm sorry, but just don't do this to me. Not again. Daddy I love you so much please," I was close to falling to me knees, as he turns around and walks out the door, Claire shooting me a smirk before soon following after him. Then I did. Then I did fall to my knees. The tears wouldn't stop falling as I realised how I'd brought this upon myself.

My actions were unnecessary, life is better for everyone with Coral there. But of course I had to screw it up. He's not worried about his reputation. It's revenge. For him having to lose his favourite daughter, because of what I did. Because I'm the evil one.

No. It's not true and I know it. I was the most kindest, caring person to Coral and she didn't show me an ounce of respect.

She deserved it.

***
"He left again," I croak, leaning my head against Luke's shoulder as we stare into the oblivion. The other side is filled with lights and tall buildings, whereas the side we're facing, is empty. There's nothing there. There's no one to populate that empty lot, there's no one to use it. Its useless. It's forgotten.

And soon enough that'll be me. Soon enough no one will know my name anymore. I'll be the weird girl to steer clear from. Once they find out what happened, I'm pretty sure I'll be moved to a different state. No more Luke, no more Katie, no more Joe or Liam. Just me and my psycho self.

I like that. Haha.

Me and my psycho self.

***
Thank you guys for reading! I haven't gotten the thirty comments from last chapter so I can't release the description for the sequel. SORRY! But hey, keep going and I'll release it soon, cos I luv you. But I've decided to change the goal to 15, since a lot of you guys really want to know, so yeah, keep trying

Shout out to Blue_Styles16 for spamming me with votes ❤

ALSO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 12.3K READS YOU GUYS ARE FUCKING AWESOME!

Please vote, comment and share

Kayla :)