33. The Plan

"Why shouldn't I go?" I huff, plopping onto the couch, already dressed.

"Because its boring! Brindlewood is shit at giving insults," Katie snorts, "their insults are so bad, if they were a spice, it'd be flour,"(lmao, I've never seen Bob's Burgers but I got that line from it lol) I chuckle as Katie sits down beside me and plants a kiss on my cheek.

"Luke will be there though. And I wore my good bra so he could see what he's missing out on," I frown, looking up at Katie in the hopes that she'd let me go.

"Too bad. Wear it at the game to distract him, give him some nice jiggle action," she smirks before standing up. "Anywhoo, I must get going now, my mum is having some stupid tea thing with a client and I have to be there. Toodles," she smiles before walking out the door.

I guess it's just me and Netflix tonight then.

***
Luke's POV
"She's definitely not coming right?" I ask, rubbing my sweaty palms against my jeans, ignoring the hubbub and insults being thrown behind me.

"Preston is so stupid, y-you... Y-You.. I," Katie chuckles as she listens to the quarterback try to come up with a comeback for: "If laughter is the best medicine, Brindlewood's football team must be curing the world,"

"Shouldn't we wait for these knuckleheads to finish with their insults before you make your big announcement?"

"Preston.... IT'S JUST STUPID!"

"I think I should go ahead before Brindlewood embarrass themselves any more than they already have," My palms begin to get sweatier and sweatier as I approach the old car standing between Preston's football team and Brindlewood's football team. I jump on top and watch as the crowd turn to face me, their faces clear they're expecting me to talk soon. "I-I... Um, I'm Luke Hunt. You probably already know me,"

"We fucked once," a girl proudly states before I continue.

"Anywhoo, I've fallen in love with Libby Alanis. And I've done her wrong and I need you guys' help to get her back,"

"And what makes you think that we'll help you?" a familiar voice says. A fairly tall girl with dark brown hair jumps onto the car and glares at me. Stacey Highland, Brindlewood bad girl, survivor of Camp Lakewash, and current leader of The Blooded Fangs at the age of 18, you would think she was any Senior student, you wouldn't think she was the leader of the deadliest gang in the country. Who used to be The Ghost. She was there when Sophie died, I'll always remember Stacey. She seemed so guilty but I could do nothing about it. She was only a year older than me.

"We'll let your team train using our equipment. We have the best equipment in the country, why miss out on that opportunity?" I shrug.

"Dude! All for Libby? She isn't worth it," Justin shouts. I look back at him and shake my head. I may not be one to talk, but I'm disgusted.

"Brindlewood has the money to provide themselves with that equipment though," Stacey raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah but you get to use ours for a whole season. For free." I raise an eyebrow too as she looks back at the crowd of people behind her.

"You've got yourself a deal. What's the plan pretty boy?"

***
Libby's POV
"WE WON!" Katie and I scream as we hug each other, jumping around, the contents of our red solo cups spilling everywhere. Preston's side of the stadium cheer and shout as food, drinks and insults were thrown everywhere. "Don't you think this stadium is wayyy too big for a high school football game? Like, I'm surprised, we filled up all the seats, cos there's a lot of space," I burp.