17. One Monthiversary

It's been a month. A month. A month of kissing, hugging, fights and emotional breakdowns. A month of me and Luke 'dating'. Two months remaining before everything can go back to normal. Two months before Luke and I are forced to forget every kiss, every heart to heart and every night spent together. And that kinda scares me. I've found out things about Luke that I never knew before. He's vulnerable really. He doesn't know what to do with himself, since he thinks he's a murderer. He fucks every bitch within a mile radius to hide the fact the he's still that scared little boy. This mask has now become apart of himself. It's become who he is. It's what everyone expects. Sexual innuendos, teasing, flirting. But really he doesn't really want to do all that. He just wants to be under the radar. He doesn't want to be adored because of his looks or body. He wants to be known because of his intelligence, because of his ability. But he has no choice but to play along. He has no choice but to be the person everyone expects him to be. And when the last two months are over, there will be no more heart to hearts. It'll just be me complaining about my first world problems whilst he suffers in silence. And that scares me. A lot.

"You better be taking me out to a nice dinner," I huff, oblivious on as to where we're going as Luke guides me towards the location of our date. "Okay dude seriously the suspense is killing me, where are you taking me?"

"Here. We're here. Now stop your whining and turn around so I can take your blindfold," Luke spits, clearly tired of my constant moaning.

Luke's POV
She turns around slowly, letting out a deep breath. I untie her blindfold, letting it fall to the ground as she stares at me. Me and Libby have been friends for years. And I've never seen her like this. I've never looked at her this way. I never noticed how her eyes resembled a sacred jade, hidden in the depths of dark green grass on a warm summer night. I never noticed the small freckles that surrounded her nose. I never noticed how soft and pink her plump lips were as I ogled at them, licking my own. I guess Libby was doing the same. You know, checking me out. Her green orbs widened in realisation as her eyes scan my face. Not going to lie, it did make me feel a bit self conscious.

What if she doesn't like me? What if it's all part of the act?

I don't know why I'm talking or feeling like this. But after those three months everything can go back to normal. And I'll never kiss those perfect lips again.

Libby's POV
Fuck. Fuckity fuck fuck fuck. I just had to stare at his stupid face didn't I?

Gahh.

Whilst staring at his face I realise how attractive he actually is. I realise why girls throw themselves at him left, right and center. I realise why I love kissing him. I realise that after three months I don't even know what I'm going to do with myself. But what matters is right now. And right now, we're both leaning into to each other, his hands snaking around my waist as he pulls me closer, his hot minty breath fanning my mouth. His indicalite-like eyes never leave mine as he puts a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I got you chipotle," he whispers, deeply disappointing me. I thought he was going to kiss me. Although the kiss would've made me like him more. Seems like I dodged a bullet. It's not like I don't like him, I just don't want to mess things up. Besides, it's a crush. I'm not in love.

I snap out of my thoughts and rush towards the blanket with bags of Chipotle on it. My grin never falters as Luke sits beside me, flicking guacamole at my face. "I don't care that it took me hours to do my make up and you've ruined it with guacamole since you actually paid the extra for guacamole," Luke never pays the extra. He just eats it without it and steals some of mine. I know, stingy.

He chuckles deeply as I dig into my salad bowl like a panther feasting on the gazelle it just caught. What? It's been a while since I've eaten today.

"Dude there's something on your face," Luke guffaws, leaning in. He flicks off whatever was on their and grabs my salad bowl.

"HEY! NO ONE MESSES WITH MY CHIPOTLE!" I growl, reaching for my bowl. He leans away from me, the smirk on his face not faltering as I rest my hand on his abs, leaning over him. "Fuck!" I curse, falling onto him and now straddling him. He chuckles nervously at our current position, still holding onto my bowl. "Give it back,"

"Kiss me,"

"Dude that's gross,"

"You think I wanna kiss you? I just need to know how badly you want your salad," he smirks, biting his bottom lip. God that was hot. I sigh hesitantly (I deserve an Oscar) before pressing my lips against his, cringing at the sound of my salad bowl hitting the ground. He puts his hands on my waist as I grip his hair, fireworks going off everywhere. A moan escapes my lips as his hands trail down to my ass, but then again Luke is a fuckboy and I refuse to have sex with another fuck boy so I pulled away. Yep. I pulled away from potientially one of the best kisses of my life.

"I'm sorry I can't let it go too far," I sigh, running a hand through my hair as I got off of him. He sits up and stares at me, befuddled.

"You didn't say that with Zack did you?" he muttered, loud enough that I could hear. "Remember Libby, once a slut, always a slut. So what's wrong with doing it now?" Woah. Now his true colours were shining through.

I thought that kiss was just supposed to be a kiss, nothing but a kiss. But I suppose Luke had other ideas. I should've known, he laughed when Justin and I had our One monthiversary date, so why would he prepare one for me? Because he wanted sex.

Once a fuckboy, always a fuckboy.

***
Thank you so much for 3.63 reads!

I wanted to leave last chapter without any Author's Notes so I didn't do a shoutout.

So here's a shoutout to pixie564111 and MaySartorius thank you so much for the love and support given by all of you.

Please vote, comment and share

Kayla :)