Alternate Ending

Luke's POV
I wipe my sweaty palms against my jeans as I stand beside Libby as Miss Bennette gives us the news. There has been a high demand of an encore of the play and we are to perform after the game today. So the plan has changed. We were no longer surprising her in the stadium but in the town theatre, where there are plenty of seats than there is in our school auditorium. Libby lets out a sigh of frustration as she turns to face me. "Are you?" She interrupts my thoughts as I try to think of an answer.

"I don't know," I shrug as she turns to face Miss Bennette, who has an incredulous look on her face.

"You don't know if you're going to perform?!" she was seconds from exploding as my eyes widen in realisation.

"N-No, I meant yes! I will perform with Libby tonight," I clarify as she breaths out a sigh of relief and rubs her belly.

"Good, now meet me here at 8:30 sharp. And cancel any after party for the game and bring them here. They'd have more fun," she squeals before waddling away into the changing rooms.

"See you later I guess," Libby shrugs before walking past me, leaving me to inhale the scent of the vanilla essence perfume she drenched herself with. God, I miss her. I walk out of the auditorium and pull out my phone, dialing Katie's number.

"Katie's whore house, you got the dough, we got the hoe, how may I help you," she answers.

"It's Luke,"

"Fuck. I wanted it to be my mum, she would've gone mental," she chuckles before clearing her throat, "what do you want anyways?"

"There's been a change of plans,"

Libby's POV
Seeing Luke again and actually speaking to him felt weird. It didn't feel like we had just gone through two months of fake dating or 7+ years of being best friends. He was a stranger. Someone I didn't know. Someone I used to know actually. It seems that this whole Coral situation changed him, his hair is dishevelled and the normal spark in his eyes is gone. He isn't happy. And I can't help but think it's because of me. Because we've become so distant in the space of a few days. It's sad.

It really is.

***
"My boobs are sweating so much. Is that even possible? Did I just make a discovery?" Katie asks as she wipes the valley of her breasts with a tissue.

"No you haven't. It happens to most girls," I laugh as her smile falters and she throws the tissue away.

"It's peak that straight after the game you have to go and do your performance again. For God's sake, it wasn't even that bloody good," Katie exclaims, making herself comfortable on my bed. "And you have to do it with Lukey Pookey," she says in a sing song voice.

"Don't. All we have to do is kiss a few times and act like we're in love," I shrug, blending my make up as Katie throws a small object at me. "Ow!"

"You guys are in love!" she gushes, "but what he did was so wrong and he needs to redeem himself,"

"Or give me time to get over it," I move onto doing my lipstick smacking my lips together once I'm finished. "But enough about Luke. We need to focus on our team winning the game and then focus on the play,"

"Whatever," Katie shrugs as we grab our bags and leave.

***
The nervousness builds up inside of me as we watch the theatre fill up from backstage, my hands balled into fists to stop them from trembling. It's different this time. It isn't Libby performing a normal play with her fake boyfriend. It's Libby, performing a play with the boy she loves and the boy who broke her heart. Everything that happens now could change it all. What happens tonight could possibly determine the future for the both of us. That kiss at the end of the play made Luke fall in love with me.