I Never Existed

There's no way I can leave the apartment without him knowing. If I could, I couldn't run far. He keeps me unhealthy, just enough for him to catch me with ease and for me not to have any energy to fight back. I've never been so hungry. I've never craved water so much before I met Jude.

My phone... It's been broken after graduation, the same night I was forgotten to the world...

There's no WiFi... unless I steal from the neighbors.

Even then, I don't have successful access to anything to send an S.O.S. to anyone. I've tried, but for some reason, the messages fail to send. I don't understand why, but it just won't go through. The internet is here, there is no way anything can enter or leave this room, though.

He makes sure there's no paper in the house so I can't write and sneak messages out the window or something. I'm not allowed near the window either. Do we have a window?

I have no contact to the world... I've tried.

I have tried to leave messages to Mark with email, Skype, Google Hangouts and I've commented on his videos to contact me.... but they fail...

Mark...

I wish I could undo everything.

The muffled voice of Jude behind the door sent chills to my spine. He sounded angry. I scoot closer to the voice that filled my entire being with fear, pressing my ear against the door.

Is he leaving somewhere soon?

What about another woman?

...He... why does that surprise me? He's a jerk who doesn't love me... He doesn't care if he hurts me.

I just need to find Mark. He will know how to help me.

The front door, I believe it is anyways, slammed shut.

Silence.

Fumbling for the laptop I hid in the dent under this crap apartment's carpet, I turned it on, accessing my email and got started making another S.O.S. message. Out of the many times I have tried to contact them both, this one is addressed to my friend Addaline. I copied and pasted the text from a saved word doc, adding Mark's email, telling her to find his location and I can explain the rest when I'm out.

The pointer hovered above the send button.

Please send. I prayed with all my being.

Send

Sending...

Sending...

The suspense is killing me.

Sending...

Sending...

Will it even send?

Sending...

Sending...

It always failed...

Sending...

Sending...

It's not going to send.

Sending...

Sent.

Do I believe my eyes? After all these years, the wall that kept me separated in an abusive isolation finally broke.

Now all I need is a response...

I shut down the laptop, hiding it again.

"I promise I will never let anything bad happen to you."

I want Ella...

To be...