Lunch Friends

Mark's P.O.V.

She never doubted herself. Always strong and helpful. In the few weeks that she's been here, she talked about five kids out of suicide and even helped Addaline with her depression.

"What ya thinkin' about?" She bumped her shoulder to my arm.

I took another bite of my sandwich, "Nothing much. Just wondering if we'll have homework for health."

She shrugged. "I'm pretty sure there will be. The end of first semester is coming up."

My eyes examined the sandwich. "I know. I just wish the teachers would be nice."

"Me, too. But that's not their job."

Her voice is soft and filled with beautiful hope, like nothing ever bad happened to her.

"Keep talking, Mark."

I shot a confused look to her. "What?"

Her beautiful smile blossomed, her cheeks grew a pink tint. "Keep talking."

I could only imagine how bad I blushed to make me turn away from her sparkling gaze. "Why?"

"Because I like it when you talk."

"Why?"

She shrugged once again. "Because I like it. Does there have to be a reason behind my affection for your voice?"

"N-no, I guess not." My face felt warm.

She leaned on me. "You're awesome. That's why."

Me? Awesome?

I chuckled. "You have me confused for another Mark."

She wrapped her arms around my arm. "I wish you could see what I see."

I put my sandwich wrapper away in the same bag she gave me the lunch in, taking out the tea she made me. "What do you see?"

She held tighter onto my arm like a child to the safety of their parent. "Something you have to see."

I booped her nose. "Tell me!"

She furiously shook her head. "No amount of super booper doopers can get me to talk."

I messed her hair up as I laughed under my breath.

Your P.O.V

"Don't touch my hair!" I swatted his hand away.

"Why not?"

My fingers ran through some strands that cascaded down my shoulders, combing it down. "Because a cancer kid will be wearing it soon."

His eyes lit up for some odd reason. "You're doing that?"

I nodded.

"That's awesome! Your hair is really beautiful, the cancer kid will love it! I'm so glad that you would donate your hair!"

"I even talked Addaline into donating hers." Pride puffed up the words and tone I used.

His eyes went wide. "No one has been able to make her cut her hair, not since first grade!"

"It's cuz I'm amazing." I stuck my tongue out at him.

He mocked my face, thus began the ugly face war. He won by a long shot because his natural face couldn't be copied. He flicked my forehead for that.

"Is this where you eat all the time?"

He nodded. "It's peaceful."

I ran my fingers through his soft hair. "Yep. I enjoy it."

"I think it's funny how we became close friends in so little time."

"Must I remind you that I am amazing?" I gloated.

He rolled his eyes with a big goofy smile, not denying me my right to remain awesome.

"Addaline and I actually are going to hang out after school. Wanna come?"

He seemed to lag. Heh. Puns.

"That's a girl thing, isn't it?" He put the bottle of tea to his lips, about to take a sip.

"You don't want to hang out with me?" My bottom lip poked out. "Is it because I'm fat? Am I ugly? Am I not good enough? It's because I'm a burden, huh?"

The tea shot out of his big mouth. "No! Nothing like that!"

It's so amusing to see men struggle with woman logic.

"It's because I'm a girl, huh? Sexist!"

At this point, he scrambled for anything to get him out of the grave he's digging. "No!"

"Then hang out with us."

"I don't know if she's okay with it."

A mischievous grin broke my lips. "She's alright with it. I made sure ahead of time."

His expression gave me the impression that he wanted to pull his hair out in confused anger, but relaxed. "Alright. I'll go. Only because you made me a sammich."

I win. ^-^/