Apologies

I couldn't sleep that night.

The shadows on the ceiling danced while the storm raged on, lightning joining the dance as thunder played music.

"I guess she does..."

Did he say more about me after I left? Did he not clear my name? He hurt me... what did I expect? It always happens... it starts with this. Then I let it slide while they keep slipping knives in my back.

I huddled in the blankets, sitting next to the window.

How could he say that?

After Jude left and I walked past the threshold of my home, darkness sank its claws in my thoughts and heart.

That moment played over and over and over...

It won't stop.

No amount of video games, ice cream, junk food, T.V. shows, movies, YouTube videos stopped the pain.

Nothing eased me...

Sitting at that window, I unwillingly broke down.

I wailed. The tears didn't stop. The sadness festered enough as it is.

My phone went off. The anger filling my blood threw it at the wall, shattering into many pieces in the heat of my moment.

I couldn't stop the pain or the loneliness...

I have no one now!

No one!

Mark is the only one I had!

My best friend...

My reflection's eyes sinisterly stared at me as she whispered hurtful things to break me down.

You thought you could trust them?

She cackled.

Heh. You deserve it, bitch.

Did you really think that he would keep you? You're just a burden to humanity.

Yeah, a few people didn't end their lives because of you, but you failed everyone that's hurting now. You don't help them. You destroy them. You make them feel okay just so your selfish ass can fall back on somebody.

You never cared.

You lied.

You worthless bitch.

You're a waste of space.

You don't deserve to live.

Who are you to take the air that isn't yours?

No one wants you here.

If they really cared, they would be here.

And look.

No one is here.

Because.

You.