Life Could Be Cliché

11:15

Sleeping Derek had sleeping Adda in his arms, Bob and Wade fell asleep, everyone in the living room. Jack is still missing. He's a grown man, he'll be alright.

Yet, I couldn't sleep.

I lie here with my eyes closed, but not an empty mind.

She ran through my thoughts.

Her smile...

The memories of us together...

I rolled to my back, pulling the blanket with me.

11:24...

The image of her bandaged up flashed.

Frustration set me on my feet and pushed me out the door.

As my hand touched the cold metal, I stopped.

It's unlocked.

Opening the door, I see a figure standing on the other side of the yard, her arms wrapped around herself, foggy breaths huffed, fading to her left.

I'm cold, Mark...

(Y/N)?

Something took over my mind and legs. I sprinted to her, put my hand on her shoulder and spun her around, both hands grasping the arms of this woman.

My heart shattered.

"Are you okay, Mark?" Addaline put her hand on my shoulder.

Feeling the warmness of tears watering my eyes, I let my head fall on her shoulder, the silent tears soaked up by her jacket.

"Yeah..." I answered in a soft voice. "I'm fine."

She pat my arms. "I miss her, too..."

"I thought- I thought-" The words didn't form. Failing...

"You heard her voice, too, right, Mark?"

I lifted my head to meet her eyes.

A small smile played with her lips.

"I want her to be okay..." My hands slid off her arms.

"She's not okay, though."

I turned from her, a familiar feeling of frustration tightened my chest. "Why did she have to run?"

"Why did you have to have it your way?" She bit back. "She just got out of being a hostage a few days ago. It could've waited until we got herself some attention."

"I just wanted to know if she still had feelings for me."

"You got her through that whole experience, Mark, of course she has feelings for you."

"Then why did she run?"

"Maybe you put too much pressure on her."

"I stepped forward a few steps, that's it."

"Maybe she felt the presence of Jude, maybe he did worse things to her than we thought-"

"I don't want to know if he violated her!"

"Well, if it's the truth, it's worth hearing!" Her voice became hurt with the venom of these thoughts.

I looked back up to her, her eyes had an extra sparkle under the street light.

"I love her like you did!" One foot stepped behind her. "I wanted her to be mine, Mark! She's my everything! My life revolves around her!"

My eyes widened.