Walking On Darkness

I took them home.

Bob, Wade and Derek waited for us anxiously at the front door.

I waved them away, shaking my head as we walked in. They understood and flocked to the two victims that trailed shamefully behind me.

They're really not the victims... I know they hurt and I know they hurt (Y/N) on accident, but they can't just believe that it's her unwellness. Watching them made me undeniably mad. Jude handed them the gun and they pulled the trigger.

"Hey, I'm going to go do something. I'll be back in a while." I walked away from them without another word, closing the door behind me.

Gazing to the sky, where the moonlight meets the light pollution, I felt this sort of sinking feeling in my chest... I'm... sad?

Why?

I don't even know this girl and I feel like I just pulled the trigger, sending a bullet through her head.

Deep in my heart, I want to believe she will be fine...

I know she will be fine...

But why does my soul still beg for her life?

I know she will be fine...

Keep telling yourself that, Jack-a-boy. It will just magically unhappen.

Damn my inner demons.

I know you care. But do you really care that much? I mean, come on. She's a girl you don't even know the last name of.

It doesn't matter. My eyebrows pushed together. I care alot. I really, really, really care.

If you really did care, why didn't you hold her tighter?

Leave my thoughts alone about that, Anti. I huffed, staring at my feet.

Bah. You're no fun.

Neither are you.

I know. I'm not supposed to be, remember? I'm all your fears and negative feelings, coming with the bonus right of your thoughts.

This is ridiculous. I'm just arguing with myself.

No. You're arguing with your negativity that you hide so well under that mask of yours.

Well, if I didn't have my loving fans that I care for, you would be in control of my life. I proudly responded.

I would've ruined it sooner. He sighed. But I'm not giving up yet. I felt the chill his voice gave me as he said it.

You should so I could be happy.

Where's the fun in that?

Stop being a smelly. I puffed my cheek like a pouting child.

You make no sense sometimes.

Good.

Silence took over my mind, nothing being heard.

I have a question.

I was enjoying that.

What?

Silence.

Not anymore.

Whatever, bro. I shrugged. What's your question?