The Strong Boy's Arms

"Hey, Mark." I cheerfully greeted.

Mark spun around and immediately enveloped me in a hug. "Hey! What's up?"

"Nothing really, just kinda tired."

He brushed the hair out of my face, keeping it away from my eyes. I felt a pair of warm lips on my forehead. "Not feeling well, are we?"

First off, I'm pretty sure I'm blushing since that rarely occurs.
"Not really. I couldn't sleep well." I yawned, leaning more into his arms. "I'm fine, though."

Secondly, I feel like he has an excuse for it. I'm curious as to why.

"Well, you do feel a lot warmer. Are you sure you're not sick?"

I nodded.

His lips pursed. "I'll swing by later, make sure you're really okay."

I nodded. My brain is so fried. I can't sleep. I can barely nod. I can't tell him why. I want to... but I can't.

I let my body go limp in his arms.

"You know what, (Y/N)?" He held me tightly. "Let's just cancel the dinner for later. We can always reschedule. I feel like it's safer to watch a movie at your house."

He picked me up bridal style. I didn't dare fight it.

"Okay." I yawned.

I could hear that simple smile he used take form. My eyes refused to open so I plopped both hands on his face, feeling that small smile grow into a goofy grin.

"What are you doing?"

My hands ran across his warm cheeks. "My eyes won't open, and I wanna know that smile you have on your face is still there."

His breath swirled around my fingers when he chuckled. I like it. It let's me know it's not a dream.

"You don't have a car, do you?"

"Not with me."

"You walked here?"

I nodded.

"I'll never know why you're so bipolar between impossibly happy to tired as hell."

"Hey. I make it work. Besides, it's cute when I do it."

I can imagine him rolling his eyes.

"I'll take you home and we'll have a fun day of movies and home cooked meals."

I zoned out, knowing he still talked, falling closer to my sleep.

Mark's P.O.V.

"Maybe we can play video games, too. I've gotten better-" I glanced to her.

She's asleep. The way she lightly breathed made me feel... strange. She's so delicate. A lot of people are, but she's something else. She doesn't look it when she's awake. When she slept, she is different. Like her strong front is gone and anything can hurt her.

I tried not waking her up when I buckled her in.

When we reached her home, I took out my keys and unlocked the door. Thinking about it now, it sounds pretty weird. I still remember that day she gave me a copy of her house key. It was right after I got kicked out of my parents' place. She said she'd let me stay if I couldn't find a place and until I get on my feet. I didn't find another place...

I carried her to her room and carefully layed her down. My wrist met her forehead, her temperature rose.

I throw the covers off of her then searched for a wash cloth. Walking down the halls, I see pictures I never really cared to notice before. Every picture has her and another woman in a military uniform. She looks just like her... who is she? Every picture was a happy or goofy one, there were quite a few of them.