Luck of the Irish

Your P.O.V.

I was left alone in the living room. When Adda dragged Mark away in her room, I was scared it would be because of me.

I followed them when I heard the door shut. They quietly yelled at each other.

"What the hell did you do to her?"

"Nothing. I just asked how she felt about me now-"

He did do nothing...

"You piece of shit. She was abused for the past eight years and you want to know how she feels about you? Mark, she's not the same anymore. We have to wait until we get her healed up. Emotional damage doesn't leave over night. Eight years of emotional and mental damage will not go away in a few days, Mark."

I know... I'm sorry...

Tears bubbled at my eyes as I started to choke up.

"I'm sor-"

"I'm not done, Mark. Your hormones and confused feelings should wait because of everything she has suffered. If you haven't noticed, she's not the same, dumb ass. No one would be the same after that. No one. Sure she smiles and what not, but that's just because she doesn't want us to worry. She wants everything back to normal, which in my opinion, is still pretty far from here. Eight years to be exact."

She's right...

I'm not well. I'm burdening them with my problems... I'm so sorry... I've become a wedge in between you two...

I don't want to ruin a great friendship.

With light feet, I ran to the front door, opening it cautiously. Once the door shut behind me, I sprinted straight forward. Nothing stopped me.

The strength I had before I was deemed void of being a human, returned to me, though not fully, it's just enough for me to thrive on.

I felt the pulse in every part of my flesh. My lungs heaved. My heart raced. My feet stride. I haven't felt this good since I escaped from my captor.

I love this feeling of massive amounts of adrenaline coursing throughout my body. It lets me feel free, chase my freedom... numb my pain.

With every step, I forgot everything.

With every step, I forgot Jude.

With every step, I forgot Mark.

With every step, I forgot Adda.

I felt the disgusting layers peel off of me as I ran. I felt that awkwardness melt away. I felt the insecurities drop. I felt the fears let go.

With every step, I became free.

Became free of my burdens.

My fears.

Myself.

I ran along the roads, in front of the little amount of cars that were in a hurry to get to where they were going.

There is nowhere else I would like to go than away from everything that controls me.

Tiny little droplets kissed my exposed skin.

I felt the tears.

The lies.

The pain.

The everything.