Run Run Lost Girl

It's almost time. I packed everything I had.

All I have is a laptop and a log I kept hidden.

It's almost time...

It's almost time...

I felt nauseous like the time when I did a solo for violin or when I had to do a 10 minute presentation about poetry and present an original poem. The nerves were shook by the staring eyes pinned on me. That made me feel sick, yet at the same time, I felt stronger.

My thoughts went blank as I zoned out.

Inhaling.

Exhaling.

The rain outside gently soothed my nerves.

The world stood still, holding its breath as it waited for my arrival.

My freedom depends on how fast my feet can carry me.

I have to run far.

I can't stop.

Knock-knock.

It's go time.

My ear met the door, listening to the conversation. The guys at the door claim to be old football mates, inviting him to have some beer and to go to a strip club. Jude agrees.

The floor creaked, getting louder in my direction. I flopped to my side right next to the wall, throwing the bag in the closet, conveniently making no noise, except for a silent satisfying pomf. In total coincidence, not planned at all and seemed as a miracle from some divine being controlling everything, a blanket silently fell on top of the bag.

I stayed on my side, pretending to sleep.

The door opened, letting little light in this dark room.

The carpet sucked under his weight a little as he approached, lop-siding me.

Oof!

His foot forcefully met my stomach, cramming me in between the wall and his shoe. I don't think I will ever kill a bug like this anymore, I don't like feeling like such a puny and helpless insect. Small warm tears soaked into the crusty carpet.

"Don't think about doing anything." He spoke with venom in every syllable.

I couldn't help but nod.

My words are not valued nor considered here... Same for my feelings...

He spit on my face, leaving the room with a hefty grunt, closing the door behind him.

Click.

All my hopes never died so quickly.

The door locked.

When I knew he left, I took the bag, trying to find any way out, scanning everything until I remembered something.

There's a window in this room, right behind a heavy dresser. I tried getting to it before, only to fail miserably...

My veins pumped even more adrenaline throughout me, making me jittery off of this natural caffeine.

With everything I have, I pushed the dresser away from the window.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

A small box with a yellow light flashing is screwed in the back of the dresser.

It seems like he's using a device to block you from the world.

It doesn't matter now.

Not anymore.