Best Friend-iversary

"Mark!" I tackled him with my love, making him fall, hugging him tight, "Guess what!"

"What?!" He laughed, returning the love.

"IT'S BEEN FOUR YEARS!"

"FOR WHAT?!"

"BEING BEST FRIENDS!"

I got off of him, searching my backpack for his gift. "Close your eyes!"

He sat up, covering his eyes with the palms of his hands. I don't know if he'll like it, I hope he does, but still. It's from me, so I know he'll love it.

I presented a wrapped box with a bow. "Open your eyes!"

His hands fell to his sides, smiling happily. "What is it?"

"Find out for yourself." I smirked.

He took the box, untied the bow and tore open the paper.

His face said it all.

"I-(Y/N)... this is exactly what I wanted..."

He's in love with it.

Mark's P.O.V.

This really is what I wanted.

Her.

She is not like any girl out there. She keeps track what happened on what days and how long ago without being creepy. I didn't expect her to remember. But here she is, gift and all. I never had anyone appreciate me so much. I didn't even know when we became friends, it sorta just happened. Yet, she remembers every detail.

"I remembered you were talking about getting headphones. I didn't want you to have cheap ones either..." she grinned.

These headphones she got me are the best and hottest headphones out there. It costs a lot, out-of-my-budget a lot.

"How did you get these?!"

She just smirked. "Wouldn't you like to know."

"Yes, I would." I laughed.

She gently smiled. "Magicians never reveal their secrets."

She winked.

This girl.

Without a doubt, she planned this and worked hard for it for a long while. I slid them over my ears. She was saying something but I couldn't hear her, so I slid them off, letting them hang around my neck.

"What?"

Her smile got brighter. "It's supposed to mute everything except what's playing."

She knew exactly what I wanted.

My heart sank.

I got her nothing... I didn't even know that we celebrated this. It's the first time she made a deal about it.

"This is amazing, really (Y/N). But I didn't get you anything... I can't accept this..."

Her smile faded. "Where I come from, it's rude to refuse any gift and any kindness."

I'm digging my grave now.

"Not what I meant." I instinctively rubbed the back of my neck. "I'm sorry, (Y/N)... It's just... I didn't get you anything." My lips let out a disappointed sigh when I hung my head. How could I have been so stupid?

"Don't."

I brought my head back up and met her eyes. "Huh?"

She sat there with that same kind smile. "You did give me a gift."

I did? I don't think I did... What could I have gotten her? Did I even get her something?

"What did I get you?"

No warning at all, she threw her arms around me, making me fall back once more.

"You."

---
Short chapter.

Sorry, I am just winging this as I go.