Gifts For The Woken

"I called them, so I'm sure they'll be here soon." He grinned.

"Thanks, Jack." I drank the water in the styrofoam cup he gave me earlier before making the call. "I appreciate you waiting to call them."

He shrugged. "Anything you need, I'll do. Plus Addaline and Mark will go crazy to know you're awake." A small smile flashed. "Though, I am happy to finally meet you."

I tilted my head. "What do you mean?"

"When I first met you, you were hit by a car then you slipped into a coma, remember?" He chuckled a bit. "I haven't actually met you. This is our first official meeting where you are safe."

"Yeah, I remember." I admitted while stretching my arms back. "So your plane ticket?"

We both laughed.

"Yeah, all just because I was worried about you and the others." He sat down on the chair he had pulled up to my hospital bed. "I'll go home soon. First, I want to make sure you're okay and to actually get to know who you are."

"I'm not really interesting." I shrugged a shoulder. "But whatever keeps you septic."

He grinned.

-Jack's P.O.V.-

I don't want to bring up the fact that she talked to me... if she talked to me. I still don't believe it. If I say anything, maybe she would think I'm some weirdo, which I am.

It's important you have a good bond with her.

I-Irra. Why?

She needs someone to go to. Her sister, Ella, warned me about something crucial. I need you to have a good bond with her. When she finds comfort in your presence, go back home.

What's going on?

Something I can't speak about.

Why not?

Because if I did, you wouldn't go where I have called you, thinking you know best.

Irra, please. Tell me.

Keep her happy. Please. I need you to do this for me.

Nothing makes sense anymore. What the hell happened to logic?

Everything is a lie.

Or is it?

My hands covered my ears as I went into deeper thought.

Nothing seems right.

"-ck."

What is going on?

"Ja-"

Are they voices inside my head?

"J-k."

Or is Anti messing with me again?

"JACK!"

My cheek stung. My fingers gently settled on the sting that throbbed the majority of my face. I'm looking at the blank wall to my left, everything setting in.