It's Okay Now

Mark's P.O.V.

"You have to come by then." Addaline had informed me of the situation, getting us on the same page for the first time in years. "She's devastated."

I sighed into the phone. After eight years, she found me. I don't know how to feel anymore. I failed. I didn't protect her. I didn't keep my promises... I'll see her, but I pray she isn't mad at me.

"Okay. I'll be over in a few minutes."

"Alright."

After all this time of me trying to search for her, she found me. When she pushed me in the alley, I didn't recognize her. Once I realized who she is, I couldn't be happier. The person I never stopped thinking about came back into my life. I was going to get her out of there, however; Jude found her. She ran off, full sprint. I thought, at that moment, I lost her for another eight years. I couldn't let that happen again so I chased after her, only to find out Addaline took her on her motorcycle. I felt like she is safe, yet I feared she wouldn't be in my life after that. Addaline called me about her a few hours later, I became elated with the thoughts of our reunion... Then quickly saddened, reminding myself of my broken promises.

I couldn't stop thinking. Driving in the night, still raining, she was the only thing I'm worried about. Addaline stood outside, waiting for my arrival.

"She's asleep." She walked away, heading to her apartment. "She doesn't think I know, but I know. She silently cried herself to sleep."

"She did the little hiccup thing when she fell asleep?"

She nodded. I knew there was a slight smile on her face. "After these eight years, she's changed a lot. In other ways, she hasn't changed much."

That's relieving to hear. I'm hoping she is still the same (Y/N) I knew. Walking in her place, a single lamp brightened the corner.

"You can stay as long as you like." She yawned. "Don't wake her up."

"Promise."

She retired to her room.

I needed to see her again. I checked the couch. There she slept. All bundled up adorably in a blanket.

Her hair cascaded down the couch like a waterfall off a cliff.

It's beautiful.

I found a place next to her.

"Hey, (Y/N)." I whispered. "I'm back. It's been eight years, I know, and you missed out on so much."

She rolled to her side, mumbling.

"I missed you so much." I continued. "I couldn't stop searching for you after all these years. I never wanted to entertain the thought of you dying."

This beautiful creature breathed so softly, it's a miracle she hasn't died from lack of oxygen.

"You asked me a question earlier. You asked about that night after the party, if I said that I wanted you to be my wife, right?" I asked, knowing there wouldn't be a reply. "Well... yes... that's true." I blushed. "Now it's a little different... so much time passed, I feel like we changed, but I pray we didn't... I really hope you're the same (Y/N) I knew."

I placed a light kiss on her forehead. "Good night..."

"...I love you..." she mumbled, still sleeping.

I wonder what she's dreaming about.

"Mark..." She quietly continued. "Closer..."

A slight smile appeared on my face. I went along with it and went closer.