Maps

When Jude left to go drink, I got my laptop. It's been a few days... no response... no connection to the world. Again.

I checked everything. I refreshed the damn thing over and over.

Yet...

Nothing...

That's when hope started to fade like the dying rays of the sun, disappearing behind the mountains.

Everything I had done for the past years of my hostage situation, gone. I'll be honest, it wasn't anything. I just got my coincidence and very few people don't even get one 'it just happened' moment. It will probably be another few years until I get to him.

Refresh.

Refreshing...

Refreshing...

Refreshed.

Before letting out a scream of joy, I saw the one and only email in my inbox.

Addaline
Escape plan         Today is December 16

Opening the email, I discovered her plan.

It sounds like he has a blocking device that won't let you send anything, but still lets you view things on the internet. (No duh, that's a summary basically.) I never heard of anything like that unless he created one, or if he knows a guy. That 'man' isn't very smart, so he may know a guy.

This is the plan. You have to do this if you really want out.

1. I know a few people who can distract him long enough to let you run out. Jude will be gone for about 30 minutes. Trust me.

2. Take what you can carry and run. Don't stop running. I bet you're weak, but your freedom depends on how fast your feet can carry you.

3. Don't look back. Don't go astray from the plan. I know where Jude will be heading at all times, I hacked his phone. Follow the directions until we get this figured out.

Trust me. Everything is planned for the worst case scenario, but I don't think a zombie apocalypse will happen just yet.

-You must pack everything that's yours that you can carry at a dead run.

-Memorize this map.

-FOLLOW THIS MAP EXACTLY. Knowing you, you'd do something by accident and cause a problem. That'll be fine, it will work out in the end because it's you.

- This plan will take place Friday, December 18.

Am I understood?

I know I'm repetitive, but it needs to get through your thick skull.

At the bottom, the map sat attached to the letter. She wants me to run until I'm two miles away? I'll try. I can do this. I have to.

I memorized the map quite easily.

Mark.

I'm on my way.

December 18... That's two days away.

I'm coming Mark.

Please...

Remember my name...