Maybe They Don't Need Me

"How do you feel about me?" He asked once more.

"Mark..." I whimpered.

Right now, I just want to get this situation fixed...

"Please, (Y/N)." His eyes... "I tried avoiding these feelings for you, but I can't." His fists tightened and his jaw clenched. I felt my breath become ragged. "Tell me, please, how you feel about me now."

"B-but didn't you say we changed? That you don't know how things will be for us?" The tears bubbled in my eyes. "Didn't you say we have to see?"

He exhaled, head up, eyes to the sky. His stance basically shouted vulnerability and his voice exposed his desperation. "I know. But you remember the good times we had, don't you?"

The first memory that came up was when I gave him my virginity before I became a hostage.

That was and still will be my favorite moment in my life.

"Mark..."

He stepped closer.

Please don't come closer.

"I love you." He kept closing the distance. One step after the other, I felt the horrible adrenaline run through my body.

Losing control, I started hyperventilating.

Anxiety...

This never was a part of me... I guess I've changed.

I hugged myself, my breath still out of control. It got to the point of me doubled over.

The only thing that ran through my head is 'he's going to hurt me.' The loss of breath prevented me from speaking, prevented me from apologizing for every sin I had ever committed.

Mark's P.O.V.

She doubles over, breathing fast. She can't say a word. I stared at her, unsure of what's going on and what to do.

"Move!" Addaline pushed me aside, crouching down to her level. "Hey," her voice changed from heartless to beating with warmth in seconds. "Look into my eyes."

(Y/N) could barely lift her eyes, let alone her head.

"It's okay." She pulled her into her arms. "It's okay, you're safe now."

It took her a few moments before she could have enough room to say anything.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." She apologized over and over and over, like she begged for mercy.

"It's not your fault."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." She became a broken record.

Addaline gave me an icy stare that bore through my soul as she stroked her hair, hushing her cries.

Did... did she just have a panic attack? She never had that problem before... I pursed my lips. What happened to her? ... What did I do to her?

She calmed down enough for Adda, softly comforting her as she stood her up and led her inside, not letting up on her soulless stare to me.

Judging by her stare, I did it.

I followed them inside. Not happy at all, she snapped her fingers for me to not get closer. My eyes traveled from her evil glare to the strange girl in her lap, having little hiccups as she drifted to sleep.

She set her off her lap, got up, angrily walked over to me, dug her fingernails into my wrists and dragged me away.

I was thrown in her room. When she closed the door behind her, she crossed her arms, tapping her foot. She looked like the ultimate pissed off mother.

"What the hell did you do to her?" She quietly yelled.

"Nothing. I just asked how she felt about me now-"

"You piece of shit." She continued to quietly yell. "She was abused for the past eight years and you want to know how she feels about you? Mark, she's not the same anymore. We have to wait until we get her healed up. Emotional damage doesn't leave over night. Eight years of emotional and mental damage will not go away in a few days, Mark."

"I'm sor-"

"I'm not done, Mark." Her finger pointed to me like a red dot eye sight for a sniper. "Your hormones and confused feelings should wait because of everything she has suffered. If you haven't noticed, she's not the same, dumb ass. No one would be the same after that. No one. Sure she smiles and what not, but that's just because she doesn't want us to worry. She wants everything back to normal, which in my opinion, is still pretty far from here. Eight years to be exact."

"But-"

"Mark. Stop. Please. Hang on to your emotions until she's well. Please. And for God's sake, Mark, be patient."

I tightened my fists out frustration. "Can I put my two cents in?"

She glared at me, but nonetheless nodded.

"I've waited eight years for my emotions to be calmed and confirmed. Don't you think I hurt, too?"

"Mark. Trust me. Wait. Okay? She's not ready right now to confirm anything."

"How could you be so sure?"

"I'm a woman, remember? I have a sixth sense for her."

"But-"

"Don't you trust me, Mark?"

I hung my head, unsure of this... predicament. I do want my feelings to be answered. I've been hurting so much... I really want to know. I need to know. There's no question about it. When everything is over, maybe we could start again.

"I trust you." Even so it was said, I gritted my teeth in frustration.

She exhaled, possibly happy to hear my newfound patience.

"Thank you. I should let her know that the papers are in order and that Jude will stand trial for attempted murder, kidnapping, harassment and abuse. And the restraining order just needs her signature." She smiled a little. "I'm just happy we will have Christmas together again."

She left the room, chuckling to herself. I sat on the foot of her bed, folded my arms, hoping to calm down and distract myself.

I wonder what this Christmas would be like. I have money now, so I could get her a gift. I wonder what she likes now.

Rushing footsteps got closer.

Demons!

Adda slammed into the door frame, her breathing messed up, fear and panic dripped off of her. Tears in her eyes, a small slip of paper in her trembling hands. I stood to my feet when my heart stopped. 

Please, God, no.

"She's gone."

--

Sorry for not updating for awhile, things have gotten hectic at my end.

Good news! Cliffhangers! :D

No, but really, I'll be updating a little bit more now and writing

You guys have a great day! :)