My Name

My feet carried me.

I ran up to Mark. The only thing I could think of was shoving him in an alley... So it's pretty obvious what I will do. With all my force, I shoved my body, shoulder first, against him, forcing him in the alley.

"What the-?!" He spun around, recovering from what just happened.

My hand covered his mouth. "Mark!"

He pushed my hand off of his lips. "What the hell-?!"

"Mark!" I moved my hood just enough to reveal my face. "It's me! Don't you remember me?"

He stayed silent, scowling at me, unhappy, wrenching away my hands off his jacket.

"Mark! Please!"

"I don't have time for your bull, ma'am." He bitterly said, trying to get away.

I don't know what'd I would do without him. I need him. Without him... I don't know what'd I'd do next or how I could continue, knowing he is here.

"Please! Please just remember me!" I clung to his soaked jacket, tears running down my face, "Look into my eyes and tell me you remember!"

For a moment, he seemed to remember... in the same instant, doubt wiped that confidence away.

He brushed me to the side.

"Fangirls." He bitterly scoffed and avoided me. I pulled his shirt, forcing him to come back.

"Mark! Don't you remember me?!" I cried.

He swatted my hand off him, "Ma'am, I don't know who you are and I do not appreciate being a hostage." He started to walk away, tense from this confrontation. I watched him go, leaving my life again.

Frustration and desperation boiled inside.

"Find the strong boy's arms that you call home, huh!" I yelled, sobbing. "Run, run lost girl, go find your home!"

He slowed. This poem...

"If home walks away, I have no where to belong!"

With every step, he became visibly uncomfortable.

Well. Now that I have is attention.

"I knew you'd break your promises..." I exhaled under my breath, controlling my cries, he didn't stop walking. I need him to stop. "I remember the promise after the party..."

He froze. Is he realizing it or does he pity this stranger?

"You promised to be there for me so I'm not alone..." He became a tensed statue. "You promised to help me..." My head hung. "You promised to help me when I'm hurt..."

I lifted my head, tears bubbled at my eyes as he looked over his shoulder. "I remember when you saw me in a spring dress, spun me around." I huffed. "I remember when your father died, you tried to hide your pain from me, but I knew better. You cried on my shoulders... I hummed, hanging onto you..."

I wiped my tears away, alone once again. "I still remember the first day of school with you." I chuckled, tears still streaming down my face. "You were all alone in the back of the class in between the jocks and nerds. You seemed like you needed a friend. So I go back there and sit by you." I slightly laughed, remembering when he smiled like an idiot all day. "You did smile like an idiot all day. I remember that."

Furiously wiping the tears away, Mark faced me, still far away... still out of reach. "When I, a new comer, told you Addaline was going to donate her hair to cancer kids, you couldn't believe what I said." I sniffed, trying to keep the smile that barely formed. "No one could get her to cut her hair before, but I did. You were gonna drink your tea when I messed with you, manipulating you to hanging out with us cuz we're lunch friends, we didn't do anything without each other."