Chapter one: You cant Escape this life

Sunday afternoon was the most boring, Cassie was off with her friends- and There was nothing on TV accept infomercials and crime shows. Nathan sat on the plush couch, staring at the flickering pictures before him. Elena, his wife- was making some noise in the kitchen behind him. He turned his head to look at her, smiling softly. Her soft blonde hair tied up off her delicate face. It had been almost fifteen years since the Libertalia incidence. She glanced over at him, her brown eyes reflecting the blue and white light coming off the TV. "How's Sully been..." she asked him. "Your brother is a handful." Nate chuckled softly as she strode over to him, sitting down on the fluffy couch. "Your telling me. I think he's alright, they are staying safe... I'm amazed that a couple of old geezers like them can still be proficient thieves." Elena prodded him in the stomach. "Same to you, we arnt getting any younger you know." Nate laughed. "Well-" suddenly, there was a knock on the door. It echoed threw the house. "That must be Cassie-" Elena said. Standing and leaving the living room. "Cas-" there was a scream. Then silence. Nate bolted to the door, and the last thing he saw was a Libertalia coin before it all went dark.

Chapter One

Cassie, had been knocking on the door for a good fifteen minutes. The sixteen year old let out a grumble, her blonde hair shoulder length and straight danced in the evening breeze. She got close to one of the windows, pushing it open and climbing into the house. Thankfully, her father was Nathan Drake- so she knew how to climb. "Mom" She called into the quiet house. "Dad?" she asked. "They must have gone out shopping or something." She muttered... but a sinking feeling was creeping into the depts of her stomach. She stalked to the Garage and opened the door, their cars where still there. "shit-" she whispered. Pulling her phone out of her pocket and dialing her mother. It went straight to voicemail. She started to pace. "Its ok, um- maybe they went on a walk. I'll wait." She reassured herself but she was starting to feel queasy. Her parents never did this sort of thing, without leaving a note- A note! She raced to the kitchen and glanced around. She let out a sigh of relief and when her hazel eyes met a slip of paper on the kitchen counter. She reached for it feeling something below it, she took the paper in one hand and saw a small coin on the counter. She picked it up as it reflected sunset light, glittering gold in the evening light. Her eyes went to the paper, scanning it her heart sank with fear. It was not her parents that had left this note. It read:

"After a certain point, money is meaningless. It ceases to be the goal. The game is what counts. -Aristotle Reiliona"

"What the hell" she whispered, picking up her phone- she began to dial the police... but she got a better idea. The girl pressed a number and put the phone to her ear. "Hi... how soon can you get here- I think my parents were kidnapped."

--

Sam exited the cab, holding a duffle bag filled with his clothes and... a few small firearms. How Sully had managed to get them past the security on the plane was beyond him. A cigarette in his mouth, the man helped his older acquaintance out of the car. "What do you think happened." He asked. Sam shrugged. "I don't know... but I just hope that Cassie over reacted... maybe..god I don't know." Sam inhaled a cloud of smoke before exhaling it through his mouth. "I just hope they're alright." Sully patted him on the shoulder. "They'll be okay... Its Nate and Elena, remember." They knocked on the door and the young Cassie Drake opened it. She let out a sigh of relief as she saw her uncle and honorary grandfather at the door. She let them in. It had been a day since her father and mother had vanished, she'd stayed home from school in the fear her house would be broken into again. All day she had waited around with her fathers pistol. Prepared to shoot whoever tried to get into her house. She walked to the kitchen, where the strange note and coin where sitting. Sam frowned. "Did you call the police...?" he asked her, she shook her head. He nodded, reading the note. "After a certain point, money is meaningless. It ceases to be the goal. The game is what counts. -Aristotle Reiliona" he muttered. "Aristotle Reiliona is dead... he's been dead for years. Theres no way this is from the real him." He eyed the coin, handing it to Sully. "That's a Libertalia coin." Sully rubbed his chin. "It is... but what does Aristotle Reiliona have to do with Libertalia." Sam rubbed his head, looking down at his small neice. "Kid, maybe you should get some rest- gramps and me will take care of this." He said, rubbing her blond head. She nodded, meekly sneaking off upstairs to her room. Sully had pulled up his phone and had begun researching Aristotle Reiliona. "He was a billionaire died at age 78.... Born and Raised in France. He ran a very successful militia. A private army for hire by the government or anyone with alot of money..."