Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-one

"We have to go to Libertalia." Nathan said, from the cambodian hospital bed. I had a bag of ice on my head and a couple of bandaids on my face. "Nathan..." I grumbled. "How exactly are we going to get there- we don't have a billionair friend or a jet anymore." my brothers blue eyes flickered with determination. "I have to save my family... we can buy a plane ticket to Madagascar and rent a boat- we'll go back to that island and make Rafe pay." Nathan said. He had been dehydrated when I'd brought him here, but the nurses were patching up- but he would need a few days to recover. He had a few broken ribs, his nose had been broken.. A cut lip, and alot of bruises. "I'm sorry." I kept saying. Nathan kept telling me it wasn't my fault, that right now all we needed to do was get to Libertalia and stop Alaya and Rafe. This was my fault, Alaya hated me. She wanted me to suffer in any way possible.... She'd said that she had wanted to call it off, that she'd actually stopped hating me... its possible that she is redeemable. Rafe was the one who was to far gone.

I looked out the window into the cambodian rain that streaked down the glass. I would have to find a computer and book a flight to Madagascar. I'd really hoped to never see that place again, but alas. Fate was not kind to me."You never told me about Alaya." Nathan said. I glanced over at him from the window. "I thought it was better I didnt, when I found out she was alive- I knew she would be looking for me or anyone connected to me. Rafe was the one who told me that it was her idea to betray me... but it was my actions alone that caused this." I said. "I'd really liked her, but I was young... now that I'm old- I can see how what I did hurt her beyond repair. I was the first guy that she'd really let in, and what did I do- I turned around and tried to kill her. We got to talking over the few weeks we were back together and I realized that she was the only woman that I'd ever really looked up to and respected fully. I regret my choice so much, that stupid treasure only brought hell to me and everyone around me." I muttered. Nathan stared at me. "I've never seen you this beat up over something."

"Its my fault, all of it. I trusted Rafe, and I trusted Alaya- I lied and betrayed both of them... Rafe earned it- but Alaya, she didn't and now shes a criminal mastermind." I let out a low sigh. "We'll stop her, and Rafe- but we might have to kill them to do so." Nathan said. I nodded. "I know, at this point.. Shes earned it." I clenched my teeth as I thought about how Alaya had lied to me those weeks and how she'd been the one to take my brother away. It was unforgivable. She would pay for her treason.

--

Rafe had convinced me that this was the right thing, that hurting his family would hurt him. I wasn't as sure. I had grown to truly like Cassandra, I felt a twinge of guilt when I looked at them on the Jet planes seat. There arms tied, we had removed the bags- Cassandra was staring at me. At first Elena had swore and cussed at me, threatening to murder me among other things. I couldn't blame her, honestly. I looked at the child, guilt cutting into my stomach- I tore my eyes away from them. I stood up and moved over to where Rafe sat, sitting down across from him. His robotic parts clicked in his body and skull. "This is great, Alaya." Rafe chuckled. "The great Samuel and Nathan Drake are in a bind, I finally have the upper hand." he grinned, the red eye on his right gleaming. "Why didnt you come and find me, instead of going to Nadine." I asked. He lowered his eye slightly. "Nadine had what I needed at the time, an army of willing men. Who could be bought and sold like cattle."he said to me, folding his arms over his chest. "Nathan and Samuel drake, ruined my fucking life- I may have the treasure but I want revenge. We have a common goal, Alaya. Revenge, and that weighs much more than money." Rafe said. "You wouldn't betray me like Nadine, after all- this was your idea."

I nodded, the weight of the gun on my hip grew by the second. "What if he doesnt show up." I said. Rafes eye narrowed slightly. "Then we kill them, I'll give them 24 hours- if they dont show up, then... well. You made it pretty clear, I'd say." he laughed softly standing up and vanishing into the back of the plane.