Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Thirty-four

We arrived in Cape clear the following morning, we were told by the locals their were ruins scattered all over the coast. Nate and I split up to cover more ground. I was walking up a dirt road towards one of the ruins in the west. I'd had a good nights sleep, for once- a rare thing for me nowadays. I entered the first ruin, flashing my flashlight onto the old stone. Decaying moss hung from aging wood on the walls. Most of the castle had fallen away into the water, so I moved on. I walked down the irish coast, pulling my coat up around my ears as the chilly wind nibbled my ears. It took a few more, but when I reached the third palace... I had a sinking feeling I would find something I didnt like.

This one was mostly intact, sitting on a very tiny island just off the irish coast. I had to climb and jump to get to it. I entered the stone building, the top half of it was gone into the ocean- but the basement was still intact. I carefully snuck down the stairs to the bottom of the palace, dust and spiderwebs covered the decaying wood. I stood at the bottom of the irish palace, my flashlight illuminating a stone wall. I noticed something, gold- reflecting the light of my flashlight as I moved to grab it I heard a click and felt the ground give way. "Oh fuc-" I was dropped down, I skidded across mud and dirt and was spat out on the other end. I sprawled out on the ground, coughing up mud and dust. I raised my eyes slightly, infront of me there were pictures... alot of pictures- new pictures.

My jaw dropped slightly as I looked at them, they were... all... photos of...

Nathan and me.

Us, a long time ago- photos of us on my bike escaping the police after that old woman died. Photos of us in Panamanian jail, it looked like they were mostly security footage. Their were photos of Alaya and myself, at our fist meeting. A shot of me and Sullivan in cape cod enjoying coffee... were had they gotten these. I felt those cold hands on my neck again and I swallowed. "Nathan, I found something."

I pushed through the hanging photos, their were hundreds. Someone had been doing their research. On the far wall, I could just make out: "Upon sunset wings, the red haired angel will sing burning the throats of the men weak" this was a very old marking, much older than the photos. Whoever had been here had not written that. I pressed my hand on the stone wall, feeling for anything unusual. My left hand entered a crease, and I pulled the stone. It came undone after a few tugs- a plum of smoke exploded into my face and I pulled something from the small hole. It was another journal, Graces Journal!

I placed my flashlight in my mouth, to hold it in place- and began to read the journal. There were drawings, like Averies contraptions from before- but more advanced... almost all of them were on woman. I felt a cold shiver shoot up my spin as I looked at them, this pirate woman from the 1600s had created such futuristic drawings. She was Rafes muse, I began to read through the journal. There were only small parts of her writing. "Death to all men." was written a few times. I chewed my lip as I read it. Grace had had alot of bad encounters with males, she was obviously still bitter about her children and Avery- thank god she died before this had been seen through.

"We'll take over the world." she wrote, next to a few armor designs. I heard Nathans voice above me and shut the journal, I shouted up to him. "I'm down here!"

"How did you get dow-"

His yell echoed though the stone and he tumbled out next to me. "Welcome to stalker paradise." I muttered, flashing my flashlight at all the photos of us. Nate stared in amazement and horror, they had photos of literally almost every moment in our lives. All of the ones in places with security cameras at least- "They stole these!" Nathan exclaimed. Pointing to the photo of baby cassie and Sully. "They have been in our house." Nathan stiffened. "Rafe is... fucking insane."