Chapter Thirty-Three

Chapter Thirty-three

I arrived in Ireland with Nate and Cassie the next day, we landed in Dublin- the rain kept pooring down as we ran to a cab. We were all getting tired of this, running around- chasing our tails... even I had lost my motivation. I felt defeated. He had Aimi and he'd killed Alya, he got everything... Rafe always won. I stared out into the rain, my eyes drooping. I could feel the cold hands again but I ignored them. Even as the world began to slowly crush my will to live, I had to hold on- for nathan and Aimi.

We got a hotel and I took my own room, Nathan said I could use a good nights sleep. Claiming I looked like shit, I couldnt deny it. For the first time in my life, I felt unattractive. I'd grown up always getting all the girls, not that I really had time to date any of them. I stared at my gritty face in the bathroom mirror and sighed slightly. I removed my clothes, a shower would do me some good. The hot water felt good, but It wasnt enough to really bring me out of the dark place I was trapped in. I was growing tired of this shit. I closed my eyes for a few seconds and I felt another vision starting... greif was strange, I had never had these hallucinations before recently, but ever since I'd started to 'remember' she'd been haunting me. I turned, she stood infront of me. She looked... normal? I didnt move as the thing moved towards me. It wasnt her, it wasnt real. This was my mind trying to give me what I wanted, playing its demonic harp. I wouldnt give in, I wouldnt.

Her hand felt so real, as it ran across my shaggy face. She didnt say a work as she smiled at me. I gritted my teeth, closing my eyes- but I could feel the horrifyingly real touch on my cheek. "Why wont you look at me." her voice whispered from my ear. "B..because your not real." I said, my eyes opening slightly.

She wasnt the beautiful woman anymore, a demon stood before me. Metal on its body and graying skin to match. I felt my heart race and my breaths shorten. I shoved my hand towards the creature and I slipped almost hitting my head on the bathtub. I knelt there on the ground for a few seconds, letting the water run over me. It was hot, but I could feel cold sweat on my body. "Your dead." I said to no one. I turned the shower off and dried myself, I needed to get to sleep as I was walking past the bathroom cabinet. I noticed a bottle... I pulled it out. Looking at the white plastic. They were sleeping pills, Amben... I looked inside to find one sitting at the bottom. I shrugged, not really caring if it turned out to be Heroin. At this point, anything to take those visions away would be a welcomed guest.

I swallowed the drug then laid down on the bed, it was empty without Aimi. I did like her... I didnt love her, though. I was obviously still hung up over my dead ex... I didnt know if I could really love anyone again. I felt like a broken record, as my eyes began to droop I let myself think of the good times.

She was sitting at her kitchen counter, in france. Her hair was longer then it had been when she'd died. She'd kept it long when I'd met her first. Rafes contact, a beautiful french woman- any boy would be caught up with her. I certainly was. Not only that, a beautiful woman who was flirting with me. I was brought to the first time we kissed, she had been so soft. Like kissing the petals of a ross, delicate but strong. I fell asleep, for the first time in weeks. I didnt dream about her.

--

"Mr.Morgan, Elizabeth is here with your coffee."

I sighed, hitting the small buzzer on my desk that would open the door. My secretary- a skinny woman with dyed blonde hair walked into the room holding a cup of hot coffee. She placed it on my desk. "Thank you." I dismissed her with a flick of my pen. I sighed, going over the days paperwork was an asspain. Even if I did own my own company, I still had to do work. Even as a 70 plus old man, with graying hair and all. I still had to do paperwork. I owned a small law firm in downtown L.A

I glanced at the clock, my lunch was soon. I would be happy to get out of the office. Photos of my wife littered the office. She was a lovely mixed woman, same age as me- owned a bakery in L.A. We lived together just outside the city. We'd never had children, when we'd met we'd been two old to even think about it. The clock hit twelve and I left my table, walking down the hallway and out the main door. I sighed, rubbing my back with my hand. Old age was not kind, people always asked me why I didnt retire. I had so much money It wouldnt be a problem, but I would be bored. Being in retirement would mean sitting around all day, and I just didnt want to do that. I walked down the L.A street, I didnt really need a coat- it was spring... but in California 70 degrees was cold. As I neared the little shop I'd always get my lunch in, I got the feeling I was being watched. I turned behind me and I stopped in my tracks. A person in all black stood fifteen feet behind me. I glared, clenching my fists and walking faster. Each time I would take a step, I would hear them take one too. I whipped around after a few more seconds of this- but they were gone.

I felt a cold hand on my mouth and I was dragged into a van. I struggled against the kidnapper, but their arms were like metal. I was tossed into the van, ropes tied around my legs. "In broad daylight!" I hollered. "Someone saw that. They are calling the police as we speak." I spat.

The kidnapper laughed to the driver. "I guess we know were Samuel got his mouth from."

Sam...Samuel?

I hadnt heard that name in over fourty years... the last time I'd seen- No, it was probobly someone else they were talking about.

The kidnapper in black knelt down, removing its hood. What I was greeted with was not what I was expecting, It was a woman- but her face was clad in metal. She had asian-esc features, her lips were pink and soft- but the rest of her seemed... inhuman. Her eyes were dark and gold colored, the glow of bronze under what little skin I could see blow the gears and bars along her skin. "Remember these two."

She pulled a photo from her trench coat. Oh god, it was that Samuel.

"Your sons, caused us a great deal of trouble." she said. "Even after they changed their names- hid their pasts so well... our great leader always found a way to find them- but our trail went cold in London... and well, we found out were their father was. So, here you are." she chuckled, the sound of gears clicking in my ears. "Why are you telling me this." I snarled.

"Your Dennis Morgan, Cassandra Morgans husband- Samuel and Nathan Morgans father. Did you know, that your youngest son actually did well for himself- he has a family and everything." she laughed. "To bad we are going to kill all of them." I squirmed against the ties on my legs and hands. "Fuck you, they may have my DNA but they arnt my family."

She landed a kick on my head and I cried out in pain. "Yes they are, and I'm sure they'll love seeing their father after almost fifty years." she laughed as she bent down- I felt a metal fist connect with my face... then nothing.