Chapter Thirty-Nine

Chapter thirty-nine

"NATHAN"

I screamed, he lay on the cold stone ground. I shoved past Alaya and ran to my brother, when I got to him. I saw that he... was fine. There was no blood, or bullet wounds or anything. I looked around wildly, my eyes connecting to the back of victors jacket. Blood was splattered across the tiles. Elena screamed. "Sully, no-no." Nathan whispered, crawling to the old man. Holding his head in his hands. Sully touched nathans face. Crimson liqid dripping from his mouth, the bullet had cut through his chest. "I said... I said to you once, that I saw great things in your future." sully coughed out. "Dont speak, conserve your energy." Elena said. Tears began to pool in Nathans eyes. He gazed at my little brother, he was like Nathans father- a father that he'd never had. "I was right, you did..." he coughed. "You did do alot of great things."

"Your not going to die, you cant- I wont let you." Nathan said. Applying his hands to the bloody wound on sullivans chest. "Its ok, nathan- its ok." Sully said. "I've had a good life... ju.. Just promise me you..you'll... you'll.." he heaved one final time and the void took his life. "No." I whispered. Tears rolled down nathans face. "I'll do what, promise you what!" he cried, shaking Victors shoulders. "You cant die, its not your time!" he screamed. Elena grabbed him and pulled him away from Sullivans lifeless body. "Nathan. Please, he saved you... hes gone." she wrapped her arms around his chest. Holding him away from Sully. "He was... like a father to me. My best friend..." Nathans sadness turned to rage when his blue eyes turned to me. "This is your fault, if you hadnt ran off after Rafe he would still be alive!" Nathan roared at me. Elenas grip tightened. "Nathan its not Sams fault, Rafe killed him! Not Samuel." she pleaded, but I could see the unquenchable anger in his eyes that would not be quelled by simple words. Rafe was smiling behind us. Holding the pistol to his face. "One down." he laughed. "Four to go." He pointed the pistol towards Cassie. I stood infront of her. Rafe pursed his lips in thought. "You know, I have a better idea." he swung around and vanished behind the massive throne. I heard the sound of clicking and gears grinding. Then a massive crash, an echo of metal hitting stone across the wearhouse entered my ears. I saw the body-suit we had seen at Graces workshop, Rafe wore it. "Alaya, want to have some fun first?" he asked the metal angel. She unsheathed her sword and ran at us, swing it at me. The blade cut through my jacket shoulder, cutting it clean off, blood splattered from the small flesh wound. She wasnt really attacking... was it possible..? I grabbed her wrist as she flew close to me, holding her metal clad face with my other hand.I could see the light in her eyes, it was- she was still in there somewhere. She landed a kick to my leg, causing me to trip and fall. She swung the sword around, attempting to stab me. I rolled to the left, the blade came down cracking the stone when its hilt entered the cement. She ran at me, smacking me into the stairs at full speed. Holding my body down with all her metal-mass. "Ok, alaya- dont kill him. I want to." She released me and stepped away. Backing up the stairs. The body suit appeared in front of me, rafes face stared at me through a glass sheath. He grabbed me, lifting my body into the air. He tossed me at Nathan and Elena, I landed on my brother- we both skidded back and hit our heads on the wall. "Son of a." I got up, firing a gunshot at the suit. The bullet ricocheted of the gold and diamond. He laughed loudly, walking towards us. The clank of metal echoing across the stone. I grabbed Nathan and ran to the left, jumping up into one of the beehive like things. I noticed none of the mercs were helping him, they were avoiding us actually.

Nathan and I jumped from hive-to hive avoiding Rafes missiles. Eventually, he got smart and fired ahead of us. The hive we were jumping to exploded and we were knocked back onto the ground. I skidded across the stone, my leg hurt and I couldnt really move my body. "Fuck." Whispered as Rafe stalked closer to us. Like a giant metal cat. He balled the suits fists and his laugh began to grow more and more manic. I closed my eyes, preparing for the beating when the sound of metal being cut and a pained scream cut through the thick wearhouse air.

Alaya stood infront of me, metal wings aloft. Rafes left arm was cut from his suit, along with his metal robot arm. Blood splattered from the wound. Rafe fell out of the suit onto the ground. "I gave you an. Order." he coughed. She placed her boot onto his head, pushing him into the stone. "And.. I dont give a shit." she chuckled. "Alaya?" I whispered, she rounded on me. "Did you really think he was the mastermind here?"

"No!" I shouted. "You wouldnt do this to these people, this is rafe, not you- he brainwashed you into doing this-" I choked out.

"Maybe, but I have memories, memories of you and memories of what this shithead did to me.... And I also, know what Grace was trying to do- she was trying to build a perfect world. A metal utopia were the bonds of human weakness could no longer plague her people, but she ran out of time... these soilders" she snapped her fingers and they rushed to her and bowed. A unified voice rang through the wearhouse. "My lady."

"These... soilders, are mine. They listen to me, and only me- Rafe was a pawn. He may have wiped my memory, and made me thought certain things... but he cant stop me from being, well- me." she chuckled. "And now,I have an army- I will destroy this human world, we wil become the new metal empire!" she shouted. The rallied cries of her minons responded to her words.

"I'm sick of being walked on by everyone." she said, walking over to me. "But, I do have some memories of you- Samuel. Not all bad ones, become my queen, rule beside me." she said. Queen? I thought, staring at her. "Alaya please, you woldnt do this. You are a good person you dont kill innocent people." I pleaded with her. She shrugged, stepping away from me. "Girls, pack up." She snapped and I was suddenly overwhelmed by metal arms and a sickening lack of air.