Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Thirty-one

It sprinted across the road, jumping across cars to reach us. I shoved Aimi to the left and I dove right, a bronze blade cut from its white cloak- she' upgraded. She landed and spun at me, the blade cutting across my chest. It ripped my shirt and nicked my skin. I jumped away from her, but she ran at me again. People began to realize what was going on, they screamed and began to run down the streets away from the cyborg. She grabbed me with her other hand, throwing me against the wall. She pinned me with her hand, the other hand- which was now a blade- next to my neck. "Orders." she spoke through her bronze mask. Her grip released slightly as the sound of engines picked up above us. My head shot up to see a single Zeppelin flying above us. She looked up in surprise and I landed a swift kick to her stomach. The creature backpedaled slightly, coughing up some thick black liquid. She was becoming less human with every encounter. I grabbed Aimi and sprinted down the street as the Zeppelin continued to fly over us. It didn't appear to be stopping, but it was definitely one of Rafes.

I could hear the click of metal as she began to ran after us. The streets had cleared of people at this point, The Zeppelin was turning- banking hard right. I didnt know what he was planning, or what he wanted... if he wanted to kill me he could have already. I tightened my grip around Aimis hand as we raced down the street, I looked back to see the metal creature gaining on us. I could see someone in the window of the Zeppelin, they climbed from the window and out onto the stairs. The person parked themselves on one of the silver steps and pointed what looked to me like a sniper rifle in my direction. I shoved Aimi to the left and I dove away, rolling into the street as a bullet hit the ground where I'd been. "Fuck!" I screamed as the robot grabbed Aimi, picking her up by her black hair. "Got her." the robot said as she scoped up the screaming woman and began to run down the street towards the Zeppelin. "Aimi!" I jumped up running after them, but she was much faster than me. I pumped my legs as fast as I could, they had thrown a rope ladder out of the window and the woman with the sniper rifle had vanished inside. The merc and Aimi grabbed onto the rope. I manged to snatch the end of it as the Zeppelin began to ascend. I climbed up after them as we climbed into the air. The cyborg dumped Aimi into the window then began to saw at the rope ladder. I climbed faster, feeling the rope ladder begin to rip from the plane. I jumped at the last second, my hand hooking onto the window sill.

I forced my body into the Zeppelin as a punch landed on my chin, I stumbled backward hitting my body against the window. I looked up to see the merc, the one with the mask and another one. The second ones face was completely covered, aside from the pair of goggles over its eyes. A black hood covered its head, it was holding a massive sniper rifle. Its armor and exoskeleton was similar to the first but it seemed more advanced, along with its armor their were scars running along its body. They were not normal scars, instead of hinting with red they glowed with gold light. Like a set of bronze circuits sat just below her skin. She pointed the gun at me as I scrambled up ward, landing a punch on her gut. I couldnt hurt them by punching them in the face or anywhere really- their guts were mostly exposed aside from the golden metal that ran over their ribs. She smashed my side with the sniper rifle, pushing me to the ground. Grabbing my shoulders, she slammed my head into the floorboards of the zeppelin. "Fuck you, Samuel drake." the robotic voice that came from the mask had a hint of a french accent. "What did I ever do to you!" I snarled, kicking her and causing her to fly back into the other merc who was fighting to old Aimi down. She ran at me, dropping the gun- I hit a door and we were blown back into the hull. My body was pinned against the massive wooden steering wheel as she landed punch after punch on my face. I began to see double and spit blood.

She grabbed my head and spun me around, smacking my forehead into the wheel. She stepped back as I slumped down onto the ground. I heard a click and a hiss of steam, I looked back at the creature- my vision was blurry but I could just barely make out the face below the mask. It was scarred with the same golden marks that covered her body. I could just make out red hair, it was longer then the first one had it. I couldnt make out any facial features, and before I could fully see she snapped the mask back into place. "You did that." she hissed through the metal before she grabbed my head and lifted me off the ground with her superhuman strength. She kicked open one of the windows and dangled me over the edge by my neck. I coughed, clawing at the metal hand. Staring at the metal face in front of me, the glow of gold and red painting the bronze. I clawed at her metal hand. "Rot in hell-" she whispered as the door flung open- Aimi- god bless her appeared and grabbed the metal woman dragged her back. She swung on the small girl, her fist cutting into her chin. Aimi was flung back and into the window.

The robot grabbed her her mask reflecting the gray light from the London sky. I ran at her, my hand coming in contact with the mask. It shifted ever so slightly on her face, I could see the glow of golden scars. She grabbed me and flung me at the steering wheel with one hand. Her other hand shifting, the gears clicked and a golden blade slid from below the metal and prodded out from her hand. She stabbed at Aimi, missing by a few millimeters when Aimi moved her head. "Your quarrel is with me!" I yelled. She turned her head, the gears clicking under her cloak.

She rolled her neck and stood up, took a deep breath then ran at me. Her body flew at me full force and we flew out the window of the Zeppelin, Aimi screamed as we began to fall towards the earth. She held my neck and pushed me towards the earth. I stared at the cold metal eyes looking at me, searching for anything human as we plummeted towards the earth. I clawed and kicked, we began to spin through the air as we fell towards the ground. I managed to pin her so she would land first. I covered my face as I heard the crunch of metal on the ground. I tumbled forward, the a shooting pain greeted me. I turned to see her, crawling from the earth. Remarkably mostly unharmed- the mask was coming unhinged and part of her exoskeleton was missing.

She stumbled towards me as I limped up, I had sprained something.

She tripped and fell forward, steam and smoke lifting from her body- oil and blood dripping from the bottom of her mask. The Zeppelins engines roared and It appeared over us- Aimi- shit-

She laughed as a rope ladder dropped in front of her, I glimpsed half her face as par of the mask fell away. Green eyes, stained with gold wiring. Her hand gripped onto the rope and she was dragged up into the air. "Aimi!" I cried, limping after the rope as it was pulled away from me. I collapsed onto the ground in defeat. The memory of golden green eyes, fresh in my mind.