Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

We would arrive on 'Beef Island' by morning, the interesting thing was- these islands where on the Sir Francis Drake channel.... Someone that Nathan and Sam had been related to. Whoever was sending us here knew that, but I didn't know enough about Nathan to make a guess as to who it was. I was staring out the window into the thick white clouds, the blue ocean below us. I hadn't spoken a word to Sam since the morning, I'd shown weakness- which was unacceptable. I was stronger then him, and I was going to end him. All in a matter of time. I just needed to keep my distance.

The hum of the engines cut into the cabin, Cassandra was curled up in the soft chairs to my left covered in a blanket and out like a light. That poor kid, she was barely sixteen- she didnt know how to deal with stuff like this. The people after her and her family where monsters, As evident by them blowing up a first national bank filled with innocent people. Sam was sitting across from me next to his Niece. He hadnt spoken to me either, silence was the void between us and it was better if it stayed that way. I didnt want to actually start liking him again, although- I couldnt lie to myself and say that he was unattractive. Samuel had aged well. I'd spotted a set of Tattoos on his neck, and a couple scars to match. Chocolate brown hair pushed off his face, and soft brown eyes focused on the clouds outside the window. The blue light from the sky painted his face with delicate tones of Azure. I studied him, his broad arms folded on his wide chest. A cigarette pack wedged in his jean jacket pocket. His jaw and strong chin were decorated with soft hairs, unshaved and messy- but it suited him. His head turned to look at me, our eyes met and I turned my head quickly. I could feel him staring, but after a few seconds it subsided. He didn't try to talk to me, thankfully.

A couple of hours passed and we neered the British virgin Islands. It seemed like we would make it to our destination without something exploding, for once. Sullivan had been napping on the chair next to me. The old man opened his eyes and yawned. "Are we there yet.." he asked. I shook my head. "Not yet old boy." I patted his shoulder and stood up walking towards the Cabin. Knocking on the door, it was opening by the co pilot. A young man, whos name I did not know. He greated me in french, the Pilot had been a friend of Vincents. He had never liked me, he thought I was some gold digging skank- the fool had no idea of what had happened. "ETA?" I asked. "Half an Hour." the young man replied. I nodded and went to leave the cabin. Before I could exit the door I felt the barrel of a gun on my head. "I know what you did, you killed my best friend- so I'm going to kill you." the voice of the main pilot said. He turned his gun on the young man, shooting him dead. I yelled as he pushed the controls of the plane straight down and it began to nose dive into the ocean. "Son of a bitch!" I screamed as I swung my leg at him, kicking him in the side. He grabbed his gun and fired at me, the bullet caught my side and I doubled over. "Son of a bitch."' I spat blood. Sam raced up to the cabin, his fist landing in the angry mans face. Sullivan behind him grabbed the controls. "Hold on!" he yelled, I could hear the blood roaring in my ears. He pulled the controls and the plane began to slow. We were barely feet from the ocean the plane turned up and we missed crashing into the ocean and being killed.

I stood up, gripping my side to stanch the blood. I grabbed the pilot that Sam was holding down. I dragged him over to the plane emergency door. He was screaming and scratching at me."Let me go! Let me go." he yelled. I opened the door as we flew a few yards above the water. I pushed him to the edge of the plane. "I hope you can fucking fly, you son of a bitch." then I kicked him out the door. I watched his body fall from the plane and crash into the water. He'd either died on impact or he would drown. I stood at the open door, panting and wiping blood from my mouth. I shut the door and collapsed on the ground. Sam raced over, removing his jacket and wrapping it around my waist. "There it is again, why save me- let me bleed out on the ground and you win." I coughed.

"If I let you die, it wouldn't be a win. Alaya." he said as he tied the jacket around my middle."Cas. Look for a med-kit I gotta make sure that she doesn't get an infection." Cassandra found the medical kit in the back of the plane, she handed it to her uncle he waited for the jacket to stop the bleeding before he disinfected the wound. It had grazed my side, not going inside my body- thankfully. He stitched the wound and wrapped my side in gauze. He finished and I laid on the plane floor, staring at the ceiling. Sam had also tossed the body of the young man out of the plane, there was nothing we could do for him now.

Victor landed the plane in the airport, where we were greeted by the the guides we had hired. Natives to the islands, a dark skinned woman with braided hair- and a tall dark-skinned man. He had no hair and a huge machete at his side. While she was shorter with a small knife in her pocket. They greeted us, the man offered to carry me when he saw I was limping. I refused, naturally- I had gotten hurt much worse. This was nothing. "I am Khari" he said to me. "Alaya." I held out my hand to him and he shook it. We took a jeep to one of the motels on the island. This area wasnt as heavily populated with Americans, so the surrounding area was not decorated with five star hotels. We would be staying in a motel with five rooms and have to share one.

Once there, I changed into my blouse- strapping on my leather harness. It wrapped around my arms and along the middle of my ribcage. Stretchy black pants and black lace up boots to match.

Cassandra and Sullivan insisted on coming with. We piled in two jeeps myself and Sam in the first with Khari. We'd explained to them over the phone where we needed to go, they said they could take us to the middle of the mountain but we would be on our own after that as the road had been wiped away by mudslides. "Sir Francis Drake bay." Sam muttered. "Whoever has my brother knows alot about him, Nathan was obsessed with finding more out about lovely Francis. He wanted to finish our mothers work, just like me- in a way." He chuckled as we drove up the road we could see the bay from the car. It stretched out into the other islands. The warm blue water azure against the cobalt sky. I could see white specks in the water, boats- of course. We vanished behind the trees, thick and dense. It was a jungle. After a few minutes the cars stopped. "God damnit." Khari said. I hopped out and looked past the car, the road had fallen away. A steep slide downward covered in sharp rocks welcomed us. "Shit." I muttered. We weren't even halfway to the top. We would have to climb. I scanned the cliffside beside us, I could see a way up. I jumped on the car and landed on the rock getting a foothold in one of the crevasses. I climbed my way up by hoping from foot hold to foot hold. I reached the top, I would have to scale a couple trees to get to the next cliffface.