Chapter Forty

Chapter forty

I awoke some time later, gasping air. I sat up, my head hitting something cold and hard. "Ow.." I muttered. I looked around,I was in a tiny metal room. Someone else was tied up across from me, they were covered in a ripped blanket. "Nathan?" I asked hopefully. The body shifted, looking towards me. It was an old man, someone I did not recognize. His hair was silver, eyes dark brown. "Of course, they would put you in here with me." he coughed, sitting up. As I studied him, it came to me. Those eyes were my eyes..."Dennis Morgan." I snarled, my eyes narrowing. My blood father, the one who had left us to rot in an orphanage after our mother died. "I dont have time to care about hwy you are here, were is nathan." I demanded. The old man shrugged, rubbing the back of his neck. "Samuel, I Dont know- they tossed you in here a while ago. I dont know were everyone else is, I've been here for a while." he sighed. I stood, walking to one of the tiny windows. We were in the air, in the thick white clouds. I could just make out the tip of another Blimp next to us. "Shit." I whispered, it was starting. She was going to unleash her armies on the world. "I need to stop her." I said, running at the door with full strength, kicking it- the metal didnt budge.

"Stop who, what are you talking about."

"Alaya, shes going to try to take over the world with all...this!" I said to him. Dennis's eyes narrowed slightly. "Rafe was the leader...? Alaya is the..."

"No, she tricked everyone- just like before. She lied to him, to everyone. I Thought she was dead." I said, slamming my fists against the metal. "Shes insane, and I need to stop her."

Dennis sighed. "The window You might be able to climb up the side of the blimp from there." he said to me. I glanced at the square porthole. He grabbed a chain link off the metal ground and bashed it into the glass. Wind exploded into the room, I glanced at him. I didnt bother to thank him, I didnt care.

I climbed out onto the window-ledge, holding onto the side of the zeppelin. I began to climb up, using the old ladder and the stitches on the side of the blimp to get to the top. At the top, I could see their destination. New-York. I edged towards the front, I wasnt sure how I was actually going to get into the cockpit- but I'd figure it out. As I was preparing to slide down I heard a clank behind me. I whipped around to a metal fist connecting with my face. I was sent flying back, skidding across the top. I grabbed onto the stitches of the fabric, hauling myself up. I stared at her, her short red hair and scared face. She had changed her armor, she was now dressed in red. To match the glowing red scars on her face and in her eyes. She held a scythe this time, massive- colored with gold and red. I jumped out of the way as she slashed at me rolling to the side. I ran at her, knocking her down onto the ground. I rolled away from her as she kicked towards me. Jumping away, putting my fists up to my face. She dropped the scythe, cracking her neck. "Fist fight, eh?' she jumped at me, red-metal wings spread out. She landed an incredible amount of force on the blimps top. I had jumped out of the way just in time, landing a swift kick to her side. She was unphased, she whipped around with inhuman speed. Grabbing my jacket and lifting me off the ground. A punch landed in my chest and she dropped me onto the ground.

I coughed, blood dripping from my lips. I stood up, glaring at her. "Why are you doing this."

"Because, I want to." she chuckled, running at me in a zig-zag motion, her hand swiping across my face knocking me sideways. She picked up her scythe and rounded on me again, I manged to get out of the way as the weapon cut downwards. It cut into the thick skin of the blimp, leaving a small mark. It was not enough to rip open the zepplin. Atleast- not yet. I spun up, running down the length of the zeppelin away from her. She followed me. I crossed my fingers, and then jumped from the zeppelin. The weight of my hook and rope on my side to comfort me. She followed me without thinking. I spun mid-air and hooked the hook onto the bottom of the blimp. I was ripped upward as she kept falling. I climbed up the rope with haste, climbing up the side of the zeppelin again. I heard the woosh of her wings as I raced down the length of the zeppelin again. "Son of a bitch!" She screamed. "Hold Still!" I heard her metal parts move, and the sound of a blade cutting through the air. The scythe landed inches behind me, cutting into the zeppelins skin. The hiss of helium told me I had done my job well. I jumped down over the side of the front, kicking in the glass windows on the cockpit. I hit the prisoner release button and told all of them to get to the lifeboats. Through the cameras I could not see Nathan, but my father- Elena and Cassie seemed like they were ok. I watched them board the small planes stored in the bottom of the zeppelin. My father in the cockpit. I opened the door release and they vanished into the clouds. I was knocked back into the door as Alaya appeared, the beeping of the controls greeted her. "Where are Nathan and Rafe." I snarled. She held my neck down, her other hand in the air- the metal had shifted to reveal long claws. "How about- I bring you to them." She grabbed me, tossing me out the window. I sailed down towards the earth. She zipped past me, and landed a kick on my back. I cried out in pain as I was rocketed towards the other Blimp. She grabbed me once more and flung me through the cockpit window. I crashed into the pilot, sending her flying through the door. I quickly hit the prison release.

I could see Dr.Eris, Rafe, and Nathan appear on the cameras. Alaya appeared in-front of me, I heard an explosion and saw the other blimp burst into flames. She panted, glaring at me. Robotic red eyes staring at me. I stared back. She grabbed me, lifting me into the air. "Alaya." I coughed out. "I love you."

"Die, son of a bitch." She dug the knifed-hand into my chest. I coughed scarlet over her body. She dropped me onto the metal. I crumpled onto the ground, watching her as she spun around to see the door open. Rafe, Eris and my brother rushed in. "Sam!" Nathan cried, running to my side as Eris and Rafe attacked Alaya. Rafe- was missing an arm- but Eris acted as his arm. She attacked Alaya in a weakpoint in her armor- she would know she had made the armor. I watched through hazy eyes. "Sam, it'll be ok." Nathan whispered to me. "Please- dont die. Please." He choked. "I cant loose you again." Nathan removed my jacket and wrapped it around the bleeding wound. I watched Rafe and Eris attack Alaya, they were wearing her down. Eris was like a secret weapon. She knew all the weakpoints in the armor- she even disabled the wings with a swift kick. Alaya collapsed back onto the controls.

She pressed a red button, coughing. "In-nitate the barrage." I heard the wirr of gears, and we all saw rockets launch from the sides of the zepplins. They blasted towards New-York. Hissing through the air. As I went unconscious. I whispered one more sentence to Alaya. "I'll always love you."