Chapter Three

Chapter Three

I held Sam down as he attempted to struggle. "I'll take them to the barracks. You can return to your party. I'll handle these thieves." I took the Airloom from Sam. Vincent nodded, reaching to take it from me. "I said- I'll take care of it." I smiled at him. His eyes narrowed slightly but he nodded. Leaving with three out of the four guards. The fourth grabbed Rafe and pushed him forward. I put my pistol to Sams back and pushed him forward. We took them to the back of the chateau, opening a door that would normally lead to a cellar- but instead it was its own prison. Someone of Vincent's status would have a lot of enemies. I dismissed the guard, shoving them into the cells. I glanced around. "I'll be right back." I walked to far corner of the prision and used my keycard to bring down a set of stairs. I opened them up and walked into Vincents bedroom wing. I found a tuxedo, about Rafes size- And two masks. I jumped back down, bringing them to the boys. "Put these on, we're going to have to blend in." I thumbed the crest. "You know if he catches us, I'll be forced to turn you in- I'm not sticking my neck out anymore for two people I just met."Rafe chuckled, slipping on the snake masquerade mask and Sam pulled on the Tiger one. "oddly fitting."I muttered. "Try to blend in, I'm going to bring this back to its resting place- you two leave and go to the white paganizonda f clubsport" I tossed them my keys. "I trust you wont steal my car, I insure you that its not as valuable as this." I shook the air loom at them. Then ushered them out of the door. We split up, they went to the ballroom and I went towards the Treasury. I would have to cross over the bridge across the ballroom to get there. I slowed down as I watched the people. They where dancing now, no one seemed to notice what was going on.

I saw the Snake and Tiger stalking threw the crowd. They where blending in pretty well. They reached the door, and opened it. Vanishing out of my view. I continued on, entering the Treasury. I glanced around, walking towards the glass case I swerved past it. Snatching a small golden chain on my way to the window. I jumped from it scaling the wall once again. Stalking smoothly towards my car.Rafe pushed the door open for me and I sat down. It was a little cramped, the car was only a two seater. He drove away, and I knew- that Vincent was probably screaming my name at the moment. Poor fool. Ah well, atleast I got what I really wanted.

A life as a guard was all good and fun, but it was not as fun as being a thief. What could I say, I was an adrenalin junky. And... I had what I'd really wanted. That airloom that could make me richer beyond my wildest dreams. "Turn here" I directed Rafe towards my apartment in downtown Paris. He pulled the car up to the building and into the Garage. We all exited. Sam spinning around trying to get a better view of the huge Garage. It sat on marble pillars, the floor was stainless white marble. I waved them towards the elevator and punched in my floor. The top floor.... What could I say... I had a little money. We arrived at my penthouse and I pushed open the door. The two walked in, Rafe seemed right at home but Sam took a minute to take in the huge room. Windows stretched along the far wall, almost everything was white. The spiral stair case on the far right next to the sliding glass door twisted upward towards my bedroom and the two guest rooms. On the left was the kitchen and guest bathroom. The balcony had a 8ft by 13ft pool. With a glass bottom. Looking over Paris, it was one of the most incredible places to live. Sam looked at me with confusion in his hazel eyes. "How could you afford all this."

"My father is an Oil tycoon, and my mother was a maid at his house. The two got a little two comfy one day and she ended up with me. My father gave her this place and a couple grand to shut her up, but his wife found out and left him. So I ended up being his only heir, so he took me and my mother back. When I turned 18 they gave me this house- but I didn't find sitting on my ass in a golden throne very appealing. So I used my position of power and wealth to steal from the rich and give... to myself." I laughed softly. It probably sounded incredibly selfish to them, but that's just how I was. Impulsive, selfish and brash. I had a tendency to not think before I spoke, and to do things without thinking them out- like brining to strange American men into my home.

"The guest rooms are upstairs." I said "Its late, I'm going to get some sleep- but. Remember if you try anything, I have security systems, and a 9 millimeter under my mattress." I smiled at them as I ascended the stairs to my room. In the long run, I was sure I would regret inviting to strangers I just met into my home but right now, I just wanted to know more about them. However, that would have to wait until tomorrow. It was late, and I was tired. My bed called to me as I entered my room, locking the door behind me. I slipped under the fluffy white covers, closing my eyes and melting into the fluffy bedrest.