Chapter Four

Chapter four

Sunlight cut through my linin blinds illuminating my room in dawn light, I rolled up stretching my arms out. My white cat sat on the foot of my bed, his pink nose wiggled as he looked at me. I smiled and ran my hand over his soft alabaster head. "Mornin..." I yawned. Rolling out of bed and opening the door, wandering downstairs to open the refrigerator. My eyes adjusted to the light in the living room and I saw a figure sitting on the couch. My brain took a second to remember that I'd invited those two americans to stay in my house. "Oh. Shit." I laughed, recognizing Sam. He stood and walked over to me. "I don't think we got a chance to thank you, we didn't really have a place to stay... We where camping out at the manor. This is a huge upgrade." He said, looking around the luxurious apartment. His hazel eyes met mine for a second. "You never really explained why your helping us." He said.

I put my hand on my hip, eyeing him. "I want a cut of whatever your after... It cant be that airLoom... Two seasoned American thieves wouldn't come all this way Just for that airloom." I said, pushing my index finger into his chest. Sam shifted nervously. "Its just the airloom, honestly." My eyes narrowed. "I don't buy it... but alright. I'll bite my tongue- for now." I turned back to the fridge, I pulled a yogurt out. Not feeling like making something, I nibbled the raspberry yogurt. Frowning at Sam. "Oh! Right." I pulled the golden necklace I'd grabbed out from under my nightshirt. I removed it, a small gold coin was dangling from the end of the chain. "Do you think this is valuable?" I asked. Sams eyes widened. "Let me see that." He grabbed the chain from my hand, staring at the coin. "Where did you get this." He asked. "I grabbed it on the way out of Vincent's manor."

Rafe appeared from behind Sam. "That's Averie's sigil." He muttered. "How the hell did a French oil tycoon get it though." Sam muttered. "Whos Avery." I said. Sam shook his head, pocketing the necklace. Looking at Rafe. "We should tell her..." he said. Rafes eyebrows creased slightly and Sam continued. "She could help." Rafe sighed. "Fine. The reason we're here was to test Sam, because we are after Henry Averies treasure..." I looked at them, studying their faces for a few moments. "Henry Avery... the pirate?" I asked. The two nodded. "It appears, that Avery had something to do with france- we need to get back into that manor. There could be more." Sam said. I scowled. "No, I don't think there where any more, I just saw the one- it wasn't in a chest or anything it was just sitting there." I said. "..but we need to check." Rafe said. "If this is true, it could mean that the British Military wasn't the only Military after him."

I shook my head. "Not possible, didn't he die when his ship sunk? The French and British during that time where not friends." Rafe snapped his fingers pacing back and forth. "If Avery got the French to team up with the tea drinkers to chase him, perhaps he was more notorious then we originally thought. Maybe he wasn't just stealing from the British. He probably hit all over Europe." Rafe said a smile coming to his face. Sam eyed the coin. "... but since when did Avery make coins with his Sigil on them." He said.Rafe shrugged. "Avery seemed to really like himself- but that's not the point. We need to find out what the French military had to do with his capture." I held out my hand. "Let me see it."

Sam handed the coin to me, and I began to eye it. "Look, around the sigil there is... a number code." I said. Pointing to it. "75014" it read. It was not of the original marking, the number looked like it had been engraved after the coin was made. "that's the address code of the Paris catacombs." I said. "... how the hell would a undead pirate know the address of French catacombs." Rafe shrugged. "I say we should go there, and find out." I nodded. "I'll get dressed." I slipped off to change then we departed towards the catacombs. Tour groups went into the catacombs every day, if we could join one then ditch them. We payed, then stood in line to be paired off with advisors. Children danced around with helmets to big for their heads. Id given the coin back to Sam, he was thumbing it in silence. "Whats up with the fascination with Avery." I said to him. The american glanced up at me. "My mother... she, um. She did research on Avery." He said. We moved into the Catacombs. The door had a numpad on it. I watched the advisor as they punched in the numbers.